PC/Heffner Supercharged Viper In Feb. SCC ==> In stores now!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just found out the First installment of the Sport Compact Car Magazine's Ultimate Street Car Challenge is at news stands NOW! The February issue is describing the cars and the March issue will have the coverage of the test!

Here are a few links:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/uscc/ ==> My car is on the cover of the DVD for the burnout contest!

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/uscc/0401scc_usccweb17_z.jpg

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/uscc/0401scc_usccbehind11_z.jpg

I will type the title and the first paragraph comparing the mighty Heffner Supercharged Viper to the most powerful conventional bomb on the planet, the Massive Ordnance Air Blast. Heffner's shop is on Ordnance road in Md==> coincidence? I think not!

Here's how it goes: Shock & AWE

The U.S. military had a new toy. It's called the Massive Ordnance Air Blast, or M.O.A.B., and it's the most powerful conventional bomb on the planet. Deployed on a pallet from a C-130 cargo plane, the 21,000-pound M.O.A.B., which has been named the Mother Of All Bombs, carries 18,000 pounds of tritonal explosives. When one detonates, the blast produces a 10,000-foot cloud and can be heard from 20 miles away.

Well, take a look at the automotive equivalent, the Mother Of All Cars. Its a 1996 Dodge Viper GTS, and its powered by a 490 cubic inch V10. It's owner, Paolo Castellano of Elburn, Ill., says it makes more than 1,000 hp at the crank. Mix in the Mopar's adjustable suspension, its massive Hoosier rubber and the fact that a Viper won the competition last year, and there isn't a sports book in Vegas that hasn't picked this car to win the whole shebang.............

I think they did a pretty nice writeup on the Viper in general and Viper owners should be proud. :usa:

edited: Pictures are up

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Paolo! I will run out to get a Sports Compact Car Magazine ASAP!(Holy Sh*T, did I just say that?! :laugh: )

I don't think the judges understood how much of a STREET car your car really is! How many miles on it now? How many above 175mph? :2tu:

Good work!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Paolo! I will run out to get a Sports Compact Car Magazine ASAP!(Holy Sh*T, did I just say that?! :laugh: )

I don't think the judges understood how much of a STREET car your car really is! How many miles on it now? How many above 175mph? :2tu:

Good work!

Casey, I have over 78,000 miles so far. I do not have the exact statistics for how many over 175 MPH, but I would hazard to guess it has a few more than the average Supercharged Viper GTS! ;) :headbang:

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PC_USCC_priceless.jpg

'NOUGH SAID

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE PAOLO, BY THE COVER OF THE DVD I CAN SEE WHY THE TRANSMISSION HAS NOT LASTED UNDER YOUR CAPABLE HANDS. GLAD TO SEE THE RICERS ARE STANDING UP AND TAKING NOTICE PUBLICLY OF THE POTENTIAL OF GOOD OLD AMERICAN IRON.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AND HEAR THE TWIN TURBO VERSION. THESE CARS, ESPECIALLY PAOLO'S, ARE THE REASON I CAN GET UP IN THE AM AND GO TO THE DODGE DEALERSHIP PROUDLY AND WORK.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE PAOLO, BY THE COVER OF THE DVD I CAN SEE WHY THE TRANSMISSION HAS NOT LASTED UNDER YOUR CAPABLE HANDS. GLAD TO SEE THE RICERS ARE STANDING UP AND TAKING NOTICE PUBLICLY OF THE POTENTIAL OF GOOD OLD AMERICAN IRON.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AND HEAR THE TWIN TURBO VERSION. THESE CARS, ESPECIALLY PAOLO'S, ARE THE REASON I CAN GET UP IN THE AM AND GO TO THE DODGE DEALERSHIP PROUDLY AND WORK.

TOMMYGUN: I think I have the transmission problem figured out!

==> What I found out was the Heffner Supercharger system makes so much power that under high speed highway pulls, the fluid was blowing out the breather on the top. Sometimes, after 150-200 miles, I would be down 1-1.5 quarts of trans fluid(out of the 4 that are in there!). As you know that kind of loss in nothing to sneeze at and I remedied the situation by adding a 5 foot section of 3/8" inner diameter rubber fuel line with a K&N breather filter. It runs from the transmission all the way through the transmission tunnel, past the coil packs and is mounted to the side of the fresh air intake box for the heater. At the Texas event with all the drag strip passes I made, the car did not lose a drop. At Byron, on the slicks and skinnies, I lost a bunch of fluid!

Also: Rockland Standard Gear is coming out with a whole different gear set for the Viper: I believe the pitch on the new helical gears is way less than the current Viper helical gears. I should be getting a test unit in the next few months and Heffner now has a prototype twin disc clutch that seems to be working very well in Sal p.'s Twin Turbo. I believe the pedal pressure is only 10% stiffer than stock.

One thing for sure is all these things together combined with using the Redline D4 ATF will certainly add to the longevity of transmissions for me.