Philly Auto Show & GTS-R Concept car

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all....no, I did not attend the Philadelphia Auto Show. It started today, and one of the local news shows did a 30 minute program live from the show. They showed the Charger concept car (big news, huh?)...and as mentioned above, the GTS-R. Anyhow..the half-baked story was that the GTS-R is a street legal version of the car that raced at LeMans. That's what I like to see from the news media..good, well researched information. Geez.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took 3 years to get the GTS-R to Philly. Maybe the SRT-10 showcar next year. But wait you will see them on the street before the prototype is shown at the show. That will be weird.

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right on the money Rich. Philly never gets the good displays. I used to videotape the event every year for the Auto Trade Assn., and the reason we produced a video was to try and entice the manufacturers to bring better displays and cars to the event. I now go to the NY show because it is so much better. It's a shame that a large market like Phillyis ignored, but I beleive it has or had something to do with scheduling and other shows elsewhere in the US.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone told me that the SRT was at the Philly show. So I was planning on heading down there this week.

Has anyone gone to the show? And can anyone confirm or deny that the SRT is at the Philly show.

That is the main reason I was going to go, so I do not want to drive there if it is not there.

Thanks,
Ed

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ed. We met at Nifty Fifties. It is my understanding that the SRT is NOT at Philly. Just the competition coupe concept car. The Phila area Auto Trade Association insists on holding this show the same time as Detriot..so the good stuff stays away from Philly.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
Thanks for the reply. Yeh, I definitely remember your car from the Philly show, because I love that color combo. You are probably correct, the guy who told me would not know the SRT from the Comp Coupe or anything else.
I guess it will be worth heading down to at least see the Comp Coupe and some of the other cars.

Thanks,
Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R