Pics from PBOC Winterfest '09 at Sebring

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Madey and I were 2 of the 10 Vipers that competed against all kinds of makes and models in this years Winterfest races. These pics are from the 90-car, 1.5 hour Enduro we ran. Yes we had to do pit-stops! Pain in the butt too, because the driver had to get out of the car during fueling. Multi-class racing is unnerving at times, particularly with that many cars, but a ton of fun.

Attachments

• Sebring PBOC - Rich 016.jpg
    Sebring PBOC - Rich 016.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Sebring PBOC - Rich 057.jpg
    Sebring PBOC - Rich 057.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 77

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Pics, thanks for sharing...definately looks like fun:drive:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,

I assume you are in the VRL GT-C comp coupe and Ben is in the GT-MC cars. It will be nice to have another GT-C out running with us at Viper Days this year. When will be your first event? I will be starting at Kansas next month. Business is not the greatese and I have to make some painful decisions with cutting back on racing being one of them. See you at Sebring?

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - you are right. I'm in the #32 GT-C car, and Ben's in the #22 GT-MC car. I absolutely love the CC versus my old GT-1 (GTS) car! Not sure I can run up front with you though :)

We will likely do Sebring, Putnam and Gingerman. Brainerd is a possibility, as is Mosport (although less likely than Brainerd).

Looking forward to seeing you. Someone once said "working hard and playing hard go together, but working hard comes first..."

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich - I will start the VRL season at Heartland Park and then attend Sebring. After Sebring, I am up in the air because the tracks then head to the mid-West and they are more than 1000 miles away. I'm willing to make the drive to KS because it is a great track and the first event of the year that is realistic for me to attend (i.e,. ButtonWillow this weekend is out of reach). I can see attending Putnam, Roebling Road, and TWS. What kind of times were you running at Sebring?

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my best at Winterfest was a 2:20, but there was plenty of room for improvement. Ben ran a 2:16. Hard to get good clean laps with all of those cars!

And you?

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, I consistently ran 2.23s in Saturday's race and 2.22s during Sunday's race. I can envision a 2.20 with VRL tires (was running the Hoosier R6), but without aero I was four wheel drifting through several turns, which was unnerving with so much traffic and walls! Overall, I was really pleased, for 2.22s was my best by almost 8 seconds from last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave