[PICS] KW's installed...finally slammed!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had all of the cheaper alternative lowering setup's on this car and my last, and I was never quite happy with the ride quality. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and go with a proper set of coilovers for my new coupe. I spoke to JonB numerous times to make sure this was the right decision for me. After discussing my goals/plans with the car, we decided Moton's might be a little overkill, so I went with KW V2 coilovers. Jon got me the best price I could find, and assured me they would ride awesome on the street, and they definitely do. I'm still shocked how well it rides considering how low it is. I also installed a 3.55 Unitrax 08 diff while I was there...I love how easy these cars are to work on:headbang:

Enough chit chat...here are a few pics before it got too dark:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

F

FrgMstr

How do these cars handle after doing this type of mod? Can you still successfully AutoX the car with a lot of hard cornering situations? Does it bottom out on hard drives on mountain roads with elevation changes?

I think it looks great, but I am wondering about the practicality of it all.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that looks HAWT!!!!

I couldn't believe how smooth my new coupe rides compared to the old vert. Motons vs springs and caps :D made it a completely different experience!

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm pleased how it turned out.

It feels like it handles well, but I'll admit I don't have plans to AutoX the car. I'm sure members have this setup that do, so hopefully they'll chime in.

It's hard to say how much the car was lowered because it had eibachs/caps on it when I bought it. The ride height is fully adjustable, and I still have plenty of adjustability to go lower, or higher, if necessary.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, U R Da Man!!!! Car is "AWESOME" looking, now the big question is what type and model wheel are you going to go with? It's also nice to have Andy(Flatout) as a contact and friend....Job Well Done Bro!!!!!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks perfect! I just bought new KW Variant 2 coilovers from Jonb 2 weeks ago, had the car dropped off yesterday and will be picking it up on Saturday. I truly hope it looks as low as yours does. :)

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt you already have caps and spring on before? if so I would have been interested in buying your caps. Just picked up a set from jon as a stepping stone to a aftermarket coilover setup I plan on doing next winter. i may be interested in buying you springs if they are not stock

Your car looks perfect! I just bought new KW Variant 2 coilovers from Jonb 2 weeks ago, had the car dropped off yesterday and will be picking it up on Saturday. I truly hope it looks as low as yours does. :)

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that ride height looks fantastic. I'm curious how the handling is on a track versus the stock setup. I never went the spring/cap route because high speed track driving is worse than stock. I know the motons are what everyone claims is the "only" way to go for a track car, but the KWs seem like another viable option. If anyone has any input on this, I'd love to hear it.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, cars looks great! Lowering viper one of the best cosmetic mods out there for a viper.

Love those factory wheels as well!

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearance is great with the SRT Vipers...I rub the rear diffusers more than anything, but that is something I'm willing to live with to keep this height.

I drove nearly 15K miles on my last Viper at a similiar height, and have owned lowered sports cars for the last 10 years or longer...I've adjusted my driving style accordingly, and it's second nature to me...even in my truck!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt you already have caps and spring on before? if so I would have been interested in buying your caps. Just picked up a set from jon as a stepping stone to a aftermarket coilover setup I plan on doing next winter. i may be interested in buying you springs if they are not stock

Hey Johnny,

How are you going to do that setup next winter if you don't have a Viper yet? :dunno::smirk:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous, my favorite color. I love the way you did these mods (including the diff:omg:)so non-chalantly - they way most of us would change our socks!:rolaugh:

I have enough trouble using a dipstick.....!:lmao: