Pictures with black OEM five spoke wheels

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont like the chrome on these wheels and I'm wondering if I should paint them black or not..

Anyone has pics of a gen2 viper with the five spoke oem wheels painted in black or gunmetal ? I'd like to see what it looks like before doing something I will regret :(

My car looks like that:
You must be registered for see images

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd powder coat them. I think they would look great with your car's color. Hope there is some out to see.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I agree, I also think a gunmetal would be fantastic. I'd really like to see it before tho, please post if anyone has these in gunmetal or black!

I bet the new Gen5 wheel in Gunmetal would be the ultimate. imo:2tu:

Well, the powder coating is a temporary measure while I'm saving some money to buy a set of aftermarket wheels.

To be more precise, DPE Cs5s:

In the meantime, if anyone has gunmetal/black five spoke oems, please share!! :D

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I agree, I also think a gunmetal would be fantastic. I'd really like to see it before tho, please post if anyone has these in gunmetal or black!

Well, the powder coating is a temporary measure while I'm saving some money to buy a set of aftermarket wheels.

To be more precise, DPE Cs5s:

In the meantime, if anyone has gunmetal/black five spoke oems, please share!! :D

Why not keep the OEM wheels as they are and when you get your new wheels you have clean wheels to sell? There was a set of black powder coated late Gen II wheels for sale here some time back and it took a long time for them to sell. Those rims you want to get look fantastic!

ksipes1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is my 2002 FE with black wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

I really dont like the chrome on these wheels and I'm wondering if I should paint them black or not..

Anyone has pics of a gen2 viper with the five spoke oem wheels painted in black or gunmetal ? I'd like to see what it looks like before doing something I will regret :(

My car looks like that:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black wheels should have black stripes on the car. And no one should put add-ons in their hood scallops at the door hinge area.

Of course, not everyone likes my wheels, so just another 0.02 by Dave. But the black gas cap does look good with the wheels.

ksipes1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought these wheels and tires (Proxes 888's) from a member here online for $800 already powder coated black. I still have the original polished wheels/tires in storage. If it makes you feel any better Dave, the add ons in the scallop area are gone. I wanted to do the black stripes, but I have to sell the car now. I figured being a Final Edition and "percieved" collector car, the best value to sell would be keeping it mostly original.
Black wheels should have black stripes on the car. And no one should put add-ons in their hood scallops at the door hinge area.

Of course, not everyone likes my wheels, so just another 0.02 by Dave. But the black gas cap does look good with the wheels.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yours are not "chrome". they are high polished w/clear ( or supposed to be). I painted mine a few years ago. Black center caps and lugs too If you paint them, you'll at least be able to go back to the original finish by stripping, re-polish/clear, etc. But that will take quite a bit of work. Non-clear will shine more.
The aftermarkets you chose look awesome.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thinking that maybe this can help you visualize, as somewhat similar body colors: 2000 Steel Metal Gray Pearl ACR with painted black stripes (original dealer mod), but with 20-spoke BBS powder coated forged aluminum wheels.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... oh man, had to need to learn how to insert picts into my posts so it doesn't look like crap :(
Here ya go again. Not the same color or the same wheels that you are looking for but hope it helps.

Attachments

• 20130224_170438.2.jpg
    20130224_170438.2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 55
  • 20130105_150631.jpg
    20130105_150631.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20130105_150725.jpg
    20130105_150725.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20130216_135346.jpg
    20130216_135346.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 46

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't do black on gunmetal with white stripes, too many colors going on

quick 1 min photoshop

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't do black on gunmetal with white stripes, too many colors going on

quick 1 min photoshop

Ditto. Nice photoshop skills. :clap:

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would photoshop the pic.

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... oh man, had to need to learn how to insert picts into my posts so it doesn't look like crap :(
Here ya go again. Not the same color or the same wheels that you are looking for but hope it helps.

In these pictures, the viper blends right into it's background... like a chameleon. :)

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks you so much guys! It helps me a lot!!!!

I think it would be nice with black stripes, but looks kinda weird with my gray stripes :(
THX all, very appreciated!

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be clear, my stripes are grey, not white.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinkin' about doing this to my car too... Got the rims cheap and think they'd look cool on my gen 1. Black with a red stripe may happen soon.

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my flat black painted car with gloss black wheels on there. Not the best pics ever, but hopefully they help.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wheels have been black plastic dipped :)

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not have them black chromed......look at pics on calchrome's web site. That's my plan....one day.

OP
OP
F

Flames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Viper community for all those pics, it helps very much!!!

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62