plastic peel issues

nate1121

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 w/ 20k on it. The center stack has some peel around the window controls and cup holder/ash tray and by the driver door release... nothing crazy but enough to bug me. My first thought was plasti-dip. I'm sure it's been done but I'm curious as to the results. Anybody have experience and feedback? I may leave the door alone to avoid taking it apart. Also, any opinions on painted console? Anybody song red in a silver car? I had a Verte with the mod red interior and really liked it. Anyway... thanks in advance for the feedback and if anybody is in the central texas area, let me know!

OP
OP
N

nate1121

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job, brother. I'm pretty handy and that looks pretty badass... how tough is it to pull the piece surrounding the door release?

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That bezel was with the car when I got it. The actual silver door handles were the easiest of all the pieces. They come right off and wrap really easy. The door-pull surrounds were frustrating because they don't come apart. But if you use a hair dryer on high heat and a razor blade with a steady hand, it can be done.

There are a few topics on this forum about wrapping. Most of the guys used a 3M carbon fiber vinyl stick on material. Here is a good one:

Mod edit
We don't promote that site

Last edited by a moderator:

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow that is amazing.. you should charge to do that as a service...