Please share your thoughts on this

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reference to an idea being worked out with a Dutch Viper Competition Coupe team and scale model car manufacturer AutoArt, I would like to inquire about any interest from other teams for this idea. Here's the thread in the Merchandise & Collectibles forum section for the complete story:

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=683460&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=&PHPSESSID=

Forum member ViperArry contacted both the Comp Coupe team and scale model car manufacturer AutoArt to see if it would be feasible to produce a limited run of models in the team's livery. In this case, a minimum number of 1000 units was required to make it happen.
This makes me wonder if any of you would be interested to make this happen for your own team? I think it would be an excellent possibility to get your fans enthusiastic by being able to get them a miniature of their favourite Comp Coupe, as well as giving current and/or potential sponsors an idea of what they are sponsoring :2tu:
Quote from the thread mentioned above: "Both sides (AutoArt and Rudolph Racing) got enthusiastic about the idea. After some weeks the team and AutoArt came to some agreement to produce a small series of their car."

This is the car I talked about (of which a pre-production scale model is expected in a few weeks):

You must be registered for see images

And these are a few examplary pictures of the plain scale model available in 1:18, 1:24, 1:32 and 1:64 (the model in these pictures is 1:18):

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a minor mistake in the story above.
The minimum number to produce the teams car was about 100.

The base would be an AutoArt model, but it would be sold as an X-Modelle model.
Other than the previous GTS/R wich had ****** prints on it, the small series can´t have those (because of the costs). The small series have normal decals, but with a clear coat applied over the whole car (incl. decals).

Producing the model with ****** prints would require the team to buy a minimum of 1000 models.
Maybe this kind of numbers can be sold through the ViperClub... but a 1000 are very much.

In a few weeks I inspect to get the first pictures of the pre-production model. I will post them here.

If you have specific questions please contact me on email or through PM.
(NOTE: I do not have any commercial link with AutoArt, my passion is to get the Dutch car produced by this great manufacturer.)

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That would look great in 1:18! As long as the price is reasonable, I'm very interested. Just let me know when they become available. Thanks a lot!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I spoke again with Roger Grouwels, driver of the Rudolph Viper above.

I was curious about the progress on the scale modell... and he was just making an email with the digital logos from their decal manufacturer to AutoArt.
With these data AutoArt/X Modelle will produce a pre-production model and ship it to the team.

I know the quality of AutoArt... and the reaction of Roger when he saw the first pictures (wich you can see under his car) of the model without the livery.... so production is just a formality now.
What I don't know are the numbers in wich the model will be produced. I've seen something like 75 for the team..... and asked if there could be some more to sell in model shops.
If you want the model (don't know the pricing yet) please respond in this topic so I can discuss this with the team and the manufacturer.
AutoArt wouldn't release it as an AutoArt model, because they think it won't be sold outside the Netherlands.... because its a Dutch team and so.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I spoke again with Roger Grouwels, driver of the Rudolph Viper above.

I was curious about the progress on the scale modell... and he was just making an email with the digital logos from their decal manufacturer to AutoArt.
With these data AutoArt/X Modelle will produce a pre-production model and ship it to the team.

I know the quality of AutoArt... and the reaction of Roger when he saw the first pictures (wich you can see under his car) of the model without the livery.... so production is just a formality now.
What I don't know are the numbers in wich the model will be produced. I've seen something like 75 for the team..... and asked if there could be some more to sell in model shops.
If you want the model (don't know the pricing yet) please respond in this topic so I can discuss this with the team and the manufacturer.
AutoArt wouldn't release it as an AutoArt model, because they think it won't be sold outside the Netherlands.... because its a Dutch team and so.

Sign me up for one :headbang:
It really needs to be released under the AutoArt name because they are very well known for their great attention to detail, and if they do a unique enterprise like this under their own name they could potentially attract even more people outside of their targeted audience.
Because I see little reaction so far the next step would be to locate the other team owners and ask them personally what they think about it, and also ask them how we could best get more models produced of the project currently under way because they know exactly how to get their own fans enthusiastic about their own cars :) Sadly, the problem with this is that over here in Europe we have a smaller fan share than in the U.S. :crazy:
If the other teams jump in on this bandwagon everyone wins, they get more publicity and people get another very cool thing to lay their eyes on next to the general model already on the market. Heck I have seen an AutoArt model of a racing Porsche that also has a certificate just like these plain body Vipers, why can't we do the same thing :laugh: ? Even the Mopar Drift car is getting it's own livery on one of these models.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted AutoArt again with pictures of Bob Woodhouse's car... and PM-ed to mr Woodhouse (unfortunatly didn't get an answer).

The guy at AA is very very enthusiastic about it.... the color is great and combined with the artwork it should be a combo wich would sell......

nancyshanno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to work with you on this project but need to know exactly what you are looking for in detail. Because of the color of Mr. Woodhouse's comp coupe it is very hard to get the pictures to come out right all the time and show the true colors of it. Please contact me (Nancy Shanno) [email protected] and let me know what I can do to help.

Thank You

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62