Plexi Display Cases for 1:18, 1:24?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy inexpensive plexi display cases for 1:18 and 1:24 scale Vipers? I stopped by the local hobby shop and he said he doesn't stock them anymore, but they were going for around $40! For $40, I'd rather leave them stored, but that is not my intention. I want to display them in the garage, but unprotected, they will end up being a mess.

Thanks!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, thanks. Just checked Ebay and there are a few, but shipping is a killer (more than the cost of the case).

Good idea on Toys-r-Us and KB. We used to have KB locally, but they closed...too much competition from Toys-r-Us, Target, Walmart, etc.

Thanks again!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, thanks. Just checked Ebay and there are a few, but shipping is a killer (more than the cost of the case).

Good idea on Toys-r-Us and KB. We used to have KB locally, but they closed...too much competition from Toys-r-Us, Target, Walmart, etc.

Thanks again!

We lost our KBs as well, which is where almost all of my 1/24 & 1/18 cars and cases came from. I don't know how much you wanna spend, but I see some 1/24 cases going for less than $15 shipped. Type in "model car case" and then sort by "price+shipping:lowest first"

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also found some on Amazon, 1:24 cases (new) at $5.20 each...not bad! Will keep searching, as do not want to pay $20+ for one 1:18 case (incl ship).

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've seen both 1/24 and 1/18 scale display cases at Michael's, an arts and crafts store. They also carry quite a few plastic models. The 1:24 cases were about $9. I don't remember the cost on the 1/18. You might try other crafts stores in your area.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks all for the leads. Will check them out...there is actually a Michaels in town!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt, thanks! Picked one up at Michael's, on sale, $8.99. Brought it home to check out and pretty good fit for 1:18 scale! Not sure about the next smaller size for my 1:24's, will try that next!:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, those are nice! Michael's has a sale on pretty good clear display cases, use them with all my diecast cars. Good thing is they are on sale, 40% off, making the 1:18 case around $9.00 and no shipping.

All these are from Michaels, 1:24 and 1:18:

You must be registered for see images attach

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The problem with Michaels is that they rarely have them in stock. My local store only gets a shipment on Monday. The past two weeks they only received the very large size (too large for 1/18). Unfortunately, you cannot order them from michaels.com and the store can't ask the warehouse to send extras. At this point, I have 3 cases and close to 30 cars.

Does anyone have a pic of the Carney Plastics cases? Their 8 packs are $87 shipped, so only slightly more than Michaels. I'd also be interested in pics of either the 10-car or 12-car displays. Their online pics are not so great.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had that problem at my local Michael's, but there is another Michael's located about 25 minutes from that store. I asked if they could call to make sure there was stock in both sizes before I drove over and they were nice enough to call. They had three of the small and about four-five of the 1:18 size...I went and got what I needed.

I'm sure you've already checked, but just in case I'll ask...are there other Michael's locations that aren't too far from you? Also, if you can call other locations and ask (need stock number) and see if they will ship them to you from the store.

Not sure about the others, but I do like the Michael's cases. Of course, I don't think they're always on sale and, at regular price ($18 for 1:18), probably better off ordering from somewhere else.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There is another Michaels about 30 minutes away. I checked with them also. I call both stores and they check the shelves for me. I wondered if they weren't getting them in just because of the 40% off sale (this week is an extra 25% on top of the 40%). You're right though, $18 each is more than I want to spend considering the number I want to buy. I agree with you though about having all the same kind of cases so if I'm going to switch, now is the time.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your deal of $87 per case of 8 shipped is good. If you can't get any or enough of the cases at Michaels, then pays to go with what you found. I don't plan on any many more, so the cases from Michaels still works for me. Should be able to locate one or two between the two stores around here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62