Plugs and Wires - which plugs??

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reading through alot of old posts and found some great info on AB wires so I've ordered a set up, but still cannot come to a conclusion on plugs.

For a Gen IV stock plugs are Champion 3032 (RE10PMC5) and I see alot of old posts for Gen III's and people saying to stick to the stock plug, but haven't really seen what is recommended for the Gen IV.

Stick with stock?

If not what is recommended ?

Thanks in advance.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stick with stoc, all that bunny foo foo plug stuff is bull**** and a waste of money- unless of course u are top fuel. lol

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you're boosted and/or have a special engine build that requires specfic plus. stock plugs are the answer.

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, have orderd a set of AB wires and picked up some stock plugs.

Having my full belanger exhaust kit and mopar ecu installed, and we inspected plugs and found some that looked discolored compared with the others, so decided to upgrade the wires along with changing out all the plugs.

I am unsure about the cylinder numbering but for instance on the drives side head, the closest plug to the dash and the closest to the bumper (outer 2 plugs on each end) were discolored from the inner 3.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Stock plugs are OK.

I run Autolite Iridium plugs, part number XP 5263 and have been very happy with them.

If I found my plugs a bit unevenly worn or some dirtier than others, I'd recommend you pull the fuel injectors and have them cleaned and flow tested. RC Engineering and others can do his for you. You may have some dirty injectors, which is much more likely than bad plug wires.

Also, I hope you have installed a "catch can" as oil can and does get into the intake manifold on these engines and thus onto the spark plugs.

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth