Plugs for Gen1 engine - Champion RC12LYC or RC12ECC ???

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

I searched the VCA forums on data for spark plug choices, and for a basically stock engine (headers and exhaust going in tomorrow, and already has K&N's and smooth tubes) it looks like the choice boils down to either the factory stock plug - Champion RC12LYC or the SRT-10 OEM plug, Champion RC12ECC, which is supposed to be identical to the LYC other than it is a double copper, Vs. a single copper.

I think the Champion RC12ECC is the way to go... has anyone had any issues running these in a Gen1 or Gen2 engine?

Thanks,
Cal

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,
I use, and always have, Champion #412 (RC12LYC). Gap at .032 - .033" Gives good spark at high RPM. Don't know how many miles you drive a year, but I change mine every year (2000 - 3000 miles) whether they need it or not; includes some track days.
Later,

OP
OP
C

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Don,

Thanks for your feedback. The guy at the partshouse talked me into the RC12ECC for the double copper. I'll let you know how they work, but they're stock for the new Vipers, so should be OK.

BTW I'm in the middle of installing a B&B exhaust this weekend (they even fabricated me a "test pipe" to remove the CATs) along with Belanger headers, and a new clutch and aluminum flywheel. The old clutch came out today, and the flywheel was toast (with only 28K miles). Cracks and heat burns....not good.

TTL,
Brian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave