Police Viper build

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we've been dealing with these ridiculous amounts of rain here in the northeast and because of that my car shows get cancelled. After work one day I headed over to the local hobby store and snagged an RT/10 kit for $11, but I didn't know what to do with it. Now mind you building a car model was never my forte, I would never finish them or do them right. But this, this I wanted to complete. I was going to just do a plain Viper in a custom color and then an idea popped into my head...

You must be registered for see images

BUILD A NJ STATE POLICE VIPER! :rolaugh: I chose a pearl white called 'White Lightning', I didn't want the base to be just a white. So I painted the body/exterior parts first...

and then I followed it up with the decals...

I threw some black on the old three spoke wheels and made them look like a police cars wheels. After that it was time to start building the chassis...

I put the trunk and rear end in...

I painted the interior pieces and started to assemble the motor...

Motor is complete, chassis is almost done, had to do the front end...

Chassis is complete, motor is installed, driveshaft connected...I don't have a pic for the next part which was the exhaust and other motor pieces.

Finally, the body was on the chassis and the interior was complete...

I ordered a light bar which I really wanted to insert between the two ends of the roll hoop but it just wouldn't fit without any major mods, so I have it sitting level with the windshield.

So I buttoned all the final pieces. The front headlights, the taillights, the fogs, the rear bumper, the wheels, the hood.

and FINALLY! after a few weeks of work... :)

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't give em ideas :rolaugh: State Troopers have enough Bad ass cars as it is :D

I used to love making plastic kits, I don't have much time for them now, but I spent many many hours making all sorts of different kits.

I could not have put that engine in your kit without painting everything up the correct colour also the brake servo etc.

Thanks for posting the pics, good project, I wish the real cars were as simple as that to work on ;)