Posts disappearing - MODERATOR?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the moderator of this forum deleting my post on the sale of my car? If so, why? I ask because I see many other posts on the sale of their Gen 3 cars. I have posted twice now and both posts are gone. Quite frustrating and I am wondering if it is the moderator or something else.

Manny

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Can't believe a moderator is "picking on you".... but, 'da policies are 'da policies.

Did you place an ad in our classifieds? If so, then it's usually OK to post a comment letting people know it's their... but if the posts become redundant... they might hit the delete key.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No suprise, but threads that I have put up are getting deleted with NO EXPLAINATION. A moderator is here to moderate.. I get that.. but come on, it would only take a few seconds to pm someone so they understood why their post was deleted.

I liked this site a lot better 2 years ago, when XXXXXX didnt run it. Course this will be deleted too.

Jon

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's the Posting Policies, in case you missed 'em. Oh, and I'm sure all the moderators don't appreciate your comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation .... and will be deleted.

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), if posts are directly in violation to the below, and it is obvious, a moderator may or may not decide that an explanation is in order.

Hope this helps.

Posting Policy for all areas of the Viper Club of America Web Site

This site is proud to say it is "Viper Biased". All visitors are welcome, but redundant, negative, non-constructive Viper related comments will not be tolerated. Heck, we ARE the Viper Club of America after all!

1. All posts must conform to a standard that is acceptable in content to Prime Time Broadcast Network TV http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp (TVPG), no ******, *********** or profanity (this includes "unique" spelling of profanity). Posts not maintaining this standard will be deleted.

2. Personal assaults, threats, promotion or suggestions of illegal activity, use of copyrighted material, fraudulent statements, or comments derogatory to any ethnicity or orientation will be deleted.

3. Negative statements about vendors, customers, or others must be first hand, and substantiated. Furthermore, we reserve the right to hold negative posts until substantiated, and to give the parties reasonable time to work it out.

4. Attempts at thread hijacking (malicious posting in a fashion to a topic, with intent to change the initial focus) will be deleted.

5. For the protection of our Viperclub.org users, any advertiser or non-advertiser/vendor with repeated-documented evidence of inappropriate business ethics historically, can be removed from Viperclub.org, by "blanking out", or removing entirely, the use of the company's name (or any form or new company name or partnership name thereof) from any and all postings."

6. Redundancy, bumping a topic to bring its' position to the top of the forum, or multiple new threads that are intended with purpose to annoy will be deleted.

7. Classified ad posts to the forums will be deleted. Non-Viper Commercial posts will be deleted with the exception of approved commercial posts by site sponsors. Please note that classified ads, in our classifieds area , are free to VCA members.

8. Links, or specific descriptive mention (by declaring their name, even if it is not an exact link) of web sites that do not meet the policies set fourth in our existing policy guidelines, or that use licensed or copywrited material without permission is prohibited

9. The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

10. Any suggestions, ideas, or discussions on web site policy must be posted to the appropriate (web site suggestions) topic area. We welcome your input.

If post has been removed, the original post, or replies to it, violate the above posting policy.

Signature Policy

1. Three lines of plain text, maximum 250 characters, no images

2. Contents must not violate Posting Policy

3. Signatures that include a corporate entity are limited to contributing site sponsors.

Banning Rules

1. A three strike rule is in effect. Violations of Posting Guidelines are called strikes. If a user consistently ignores the policies, after being e-mailed an explanation of why a previous post was deleted, the web site committee will issue a strike

2. A post deletion is not necessarily a strike.

3. A moderator may send a request for a strike to the web committee. The committee votes within 48 hrs, and a majority decides.

4. First strike is a warning. A warning will be sent to the email address in the users profile by the Web Committee chairperson.

5. Second strike is a 1 month suspension.

6. Third strike eliminates your posting privileges indefinitely.

7. If a VCA Member has a count of 2, it will decrease to 1 after 6 months. The first strike is sticky and is maintained indefinitely.

8. Although not the intention of the VCA to limit the accessibility of this site to anyone, exceptionally vile behavior may warrant an immediate ban vote. Examples of this would be violations of Posting Guideline number 2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62