PROJECT: "******** ACR-700R" Has Begun

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ditto, nice numbers.

It's been soooo long, I think you did heads too?

A couple of our local guys did ported / polished heads and the other mods you did and they got about the same dyno numbers, i.e. 600+ rwhp on DC's dynojet.

I went without the p / p heads but did go with Belangers, ported intake, Mopar ECU, no cats, full 3-inch Corsas and made 585 rwhp / 565 rwtq, so the p / p heads are worth a little bit extra over OE heads.

Deleting the cats and going full 3-inch really helped my torque curve as it appears to have helped yours. These Gen IV engines really seem to like more open exhaust.

Did you mix some 100 unleaded gas in for the ECU? It will help your numbers.

Enjoy,

Dan

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I did heads, intake, exhaust and Mopar ECM. I did have a full tank of Sunoco 100 Unleaded in the car. I decided a while ago to just run that fuel all the time instead of pump gas since I have a local supplier.

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I did heads, intake, exhaust and Mopar ECM. I did have a full tank of Sunoco 100 Unleaded in the car. I decided a while ago to just run that fuel all the time instead of pump gas since I have a local supplier.

Congratulations!

Those are awesome #s and I was very curious to see how this project turned out.

I cant record if you also had the compression increased on those heads as well. If not, what extra gains do you think it could been achieved with 11.1(if it can get there) and also all the Jesel goodies and 1.85 rockers ?? I think our stocks are 1.7s and are not full rollers.

Looking to touch the heads on mine next year and thinking on adding what I just mentioned above to the mix.

Enjoy the car!!

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing before it comes up.......I feel that using 14% for driveline loss is good enough to get me to my stated goal of 700 H.P. at the flywheel for now!! :eater:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job on the numbers! Beside the nice hp number, you've got over 500 ft-lbs of torque from about 3250 rpm to 6250 rpm....that car must pull like a freight train.
Besides flowing more cfm, it looks like the intake and heads are keeping up a high velocity too....is the throttle response pretty good?
Enjoy the ride, car looks gorgeous.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job on the numbers! Beside the nice hp number, you've got over 500 ft-lbs of torque from about 3250 rpm to 6250 rpm....that car must pull like a freight train.
Besides flowing more cfm, it looks like the intake and heads are keeping up a high velocity too....is the throttle response pretty good?
Enjoy the ride, car looks gorgeous.

Cheers,
George

Hey George,

Yes, it's really responsive and the higher the RPM the better. That new ACR-X racing clutch Toddy sent me helps alot also. Last night everyone was looking at the numbers but I was more interested in the broad torque and horsepower as the chart I posted shows. I couldn't be happier (for now) and I really glad I went ahead with the project with BBG's help. Now I need to get some "break-in" miles on it finally.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael, great numbers. As you said a little tuning may yield another 10 or so. As I've been reading I thought you would be closer to 610-615 with the those headers, cat less corsa and the 1.85 rockers. (realize all dyno's are different, DC's is conservative and I suspect your's is too) I've got DC's intake and heads along with the bellangers, ecu. Dan dyno'd me at 601/553. For that pull Lou Bellanger made me a 3" exhaust with his regular mufflers and then replaced the cats with a smalll muffler. Dan (ViperX) set up was just a little too loud for me. He and I always pulled similar numbers along the way, first with headers, exhaust, ecu. He did the arrow intake and I did DC's and I had slightly more hp and trq was about even. When he went cat less with the corsa the gap on trq really grew.

Good luck on the track, you may be amazed at how well you pull on stock ACR's

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastGuy68,

It's been a pleasure working with you and I must say your workmanship is most impressive. Your 601 RWHP and 575 RWTQ numbers are strong and consistent with what our bolt on package delivers (intake, cylinder heads, pushrods & headers). I'm sure you will hunt down and intimidate most exotics on the track now..:D The industry is limited on the Gen 4 Viper's total HP output due to the limitations of the MOPAR controller, so we focus on creating a broad (wide)) tourque curve. No tricks over here, we're running stock compression ratio along with stock rocker arms on this build, we found this eliminates issues that will arise with the controller. Simply bolt on our components and GO (reliable performance)..

(FYI) Running our BBG Competition Clutch Kit (ACR-X Clutch) will prove to be a performance advantage on the street or track with lightning fast engine revs and shed's a substantial amount of weight from your Viper's driveline.

700R Assault Weapon:usa: BBG
699 Crank HP @ 6200 RPM (Numbers based on a conservative 14% driveline loss)
669 Crank TQ @ 5150 RPM (Numbers based on a conservative 14% driveline loss)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy - President

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastGuy68,

It's been a pleasure working with you and I must say your workmanship is most impressive. Your 601 RWHP and 575 RWTQ numbers are strong and consistent with what our bolt on package delivers (intake, cylinder heads, pushrods & headers). I'm sure you will hunt down and intimidate most exotics on the track now..:D The industry is limited on the Gen 4 Viper's total HP output due to the limitations of the MOPAR controller, so we focus on creating a broad (wide)) tourque curve. No tricks over here, we're running stock compression ratio along with stock rocker arms on this build, we found this eliminates issues that will arise with the controller. Simply bolt on our components and GO (reliable performance)..

(FYI) Running our BBG Competition Clutch Kit (ACR-X Clutch) will prove to be a performance advantage on the street or track with lightning fast engine revs and shed's a substantial amount of weight from your Viper's driveline.

700R Assault Weapon:usa: BBG
699 Crank HP @ 6200 RPM (Numbers based on a conservative 14% driveline loss)
669 Crank TQ @ 5150 RPM (Numbers based on a conservative 14% driveline loss)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy - President

Toddy,

Your customer service from the Hastings event was second to none.

Great products

Bruce

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had been waiting on your numbers. Great work and congrats on the very stout number. I love the power plateau after 5750. :2tu:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your customer service from the Hastings event was second to none.

Bruce

Thanks for the good word Bruce, we understand the expense you guys invest at track events whether your an independent or full out race teams.. You guys also had help from some good guys on scene if memory serves correct.

I love the power plateau after 5750. :2tu:

345 - I'm glad you noticed the wide 600 RWHP power curve from approx 5750 to 6250 rpm , that's what gives you the legs on the straights to close gaps and out run (pass) the competitors. We worked hard to develope a good cylinder head and intake manifold design (velocity). We'd rather see wide power band than a short burst of power. Now take into consideration our light weight clutch kits which not only allows your engine to rev quicker, but decel quicker because of the reduction of rotational mass, which also translates into deeper braking zones..:D Just good old simple rules of racing.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Were you able to dyno you viper again ??
Also what is your new transmission ? is it the T56 ore the T6060.??
How the BBG clutch compared to the stock one when driving on street, I mean like when drive normally going to somewhere.

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update to the thread that all is well with the ACR and has it has seen 200+ MPH with the factory spoiler setting.:headbang: The "track splitter" is NOT to be used at such high speeds as I found out the hard way. :crazy2: I am NEVER getting rid of this one.......

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update to the thread that all is well with the ACR and has it has seen 200+ MPH with the factory spoiler setting.:headbang: The "track splitter" is NOT to be used at such high speeds as I found out the hard way. :crazy2: I am NEVER getting rid of this one.......

Can you go into more detail as to why the extension shouldn't be used at that speed?

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think the Mopar PCM is a worth while upgrade? I'm doing very similar mods to my 09 VOI good luck and impressive results!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail as to why the extension shouldn't be used at that speed?

I know bad boyz garage said something a few weeks back about it breaking off. I'm assuming this is the car he was speaking about? I can see how it could break off, its a bolt on part, a 1 piece extension would be a better option, and probably one that doesn't create as much downforce at 200 mph as the stock one does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just an update to the thread that allwell with the ACR and has it has seen 200+ MPH with the factory spoiler setting.:headbang: The "track splitter" is NOT to be used at such high speeds as I led out the hard way. :crazy2: I am NEVER getting rid of this one.......

200+ with the aero??? My car made 618 at the tire and it took alot of road to hit 200 with no aero, you must be making 700+ at the tire... which SRT will tell you is impossible with the stock fuel system...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
200+ with the aero??? My car made 618 at the tire and it took alot of road to hit 200 with no aero, you must be making 700+ at the tire... which SRT will tell you is impossible with the stock fuel system...

Mark,

Since you have experience with the Gen 4 ACR, a couple of my friends that race cars tell me that the front splitter of a race car should be able to easily handle the weight of somebody standing on it (say a 185 lb man). Do you think the Gen 4 ACR splitter would be able to handle that? I've always wondered just how strong the front splitter on a Gen 4 ACR is and how much weight can actually be put on it before it starts to deform or break.

Did SRT ever do any tests showing how the splitter might fail at high speeds (break off downward or start to flutter so bad that it shakes apart)?

Cheers,
George

Reaction score
Mark,

Since you have experience with the Gen 4 ACR, a couple of my friends that race cars tell me that the front splitter of a race car should be able to easily handle the weight of somebody standing on it (say a 185 lb man). Do you think the Gen 4 ACR splitter would be able to handle that? I've always wondered just how strong the front splitter on a Gen 4 ACR is and how much weight can actually be put on it before it starts to deform or break.

Did SRT ever do any tests showing how the splitter might fail at high speeds (break off downward or start to flutter so bad that it shakes apart)?

Cheers,
George[/QUOTE

Well I don't know what SRT would say, but we could ask. I have unfortunately seen a less then brilliant man attempt to stand on a splitter... It did not hurt it, but I also cut his stay short.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of these track extensions come off at the track. Both times the splitter extension was installed up side down.

I've had no issues with mine up to 165 mph.

Dan