PROJECT: "******** ACR-700R" Has Begun

Reaction score
Alright, I guess I owe an apology, after talking with Toddy, I can believe the numbers, congratulations to the both of you, guess I should not have been so skeptical.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

What I've seen is a two way run video of Tach & Speedo at 195 mph+ on a nice long open straight, is what MJ and I spoke of.. Fastguy68's front splitter extension broke (Carbon Fiber support liner cracked).. Next run IMO should be without extension installed, or extra reinforced.. I'll leave it up to Fastguy68 to post his footage..

When we were at season finale of the Viper Cup at Daytona the ACR-X driven by Kuno were running 181 mph+ past the start / finish line before some serious braking into the infield road corse, given a longer straight I firmly believe another 8-12 mph would have been possible..

Fastguy68's ACR is fast and may surprise a few skeptics..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE:usa:
Toddy

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random note to record video of yourself at 200mph..

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, but curious how you are making the video.

Holding a small HD Cam in my right hand while driving with my left hand. In the longer video you can easily tell when I had to shift from 4th to 5th because the video really gets jossled around. The video was not ment to document anything, I was just curious if I could even make a video while trying to drive one handed.

I already have a new GoPro 2 and it should be MUCH BETTER next time out...:crazy2:

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail as to why the extension shouldn't be used at that speed?
My track extension must have gotten low enough to make contact with the road and it ground through 3 of the fasteners which then let the passeneger side fall down and crack my carbon fiber front mount. You have to understand the noise level with 3" exhaust & no cats and the ACR-X Borla Mufflers at those speeds is almost deafining so I never heard the track extension make contact until I was slowing down. Since I am going to use the "street" spoiler next time I have removed my hood vent mesh to allow more down force.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holding a small HD Cam in my right hand while driving with my left hand. In the longer video you can easily tell when I had to shift from 4th to 5th because the video really gets jossled around. The video was not ment to document anything, I was just curious if I could even make a video while trying to drive one handed.

I already have a new GoPro 2 and it should be MUCH BETTER next time out...:crazy2:

My kid just set up my full face helmet with a go pro stick on mount on the chin and one on the right jaw side. Worked perfect for seeing the tach/speedo at a half mile roll race we did a couple of weeks ago. For the speeds you're running, a helmet might not be a bad idea anyway. :headbang:

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kid just set up my full face helmet with a go pro stick on mount on the chin and one on the right jaw side. Worked perfect for seeing the tach/speedo at a half mile roll race we did a couple of weeks ago. For the speeds you're running, a helmet might not be a bad idea anyway. :headbang:

Cheers,
George

Not a bad idea about the helmet mount. I actually was in my fire suit, gloves, helmet and Piloti shoes for both runs. I got this thing about death and don't feel the need to risk it when possible. :2tu:

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove my 09 coupe up to 195-198 mph before i had slow down. With the right stuff from Toddy you will be in the 200 mph club. All my parts were made by BBG. Thanks toddy.

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My custom, sized to my hand Delrin shifter mated to the MGW. MUCH BETTER than the stock knob in my opinion. :headbang:

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I thoought I would post a few pictures of my intake ports so everyone can see how much oil the stock crankcase venting puts into your cylinders. Keep in mind my car has less than 500 miles on it........

You must be registered for see images

In this last pic of the head you can actually see oil running out the intake ports!!

That oil at Intake mani!!! same thing happened to me after upgrading from gen III to Gen IV kit. Solved by simply installing an oil catch can and plugging air intakes from manifold. I got 650 lbs torque RWHP after tunning from Sean at ROE RACING, he's a master as a terrific person.
I also upraded to BBK throttle body , not sure if fits GEN IV? GOOG LUCK!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We all have the same issue. Too much oil is sucked into the intake manifold.

I have a track tested catch can design that I've used for over 16,000 track miles if you're interested. PM me with your email and I'll send the parts list and instructions to you as I have others - no charge just trying to help.

Also, I think Mike Buckingham, aka redtanrt posted some pics and a write up on my catch can design.

Good luck,

Dan

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We went over the solution on page 3 towards the botttom of the page post #84. Problem solved. :2tu:

The set up on post #84 looks like it should work, but it does involve modifying / drilling your valve covers and installing some fittings, which I did not care to do and is not easily reversible.

I''ll stick with my set up. Works great, track tested and easily reversible back to OE, which is very important here in the state of Kalifornia and if you ever want to sell your car someday in a "smog" state.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, time to move forward with this tread again. I will be posting up pics tomorrow of all the recent mods that I have made to my ACR. After getting to run two days at my favorite track Road America in July I am hooked like a ******!!:crazy2:

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the billet aluminum sway bar mounts front & rear from BBG.....
:2tu:

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the Factory ACR-X canards from BBG.....
Here we have the very nice 4 point Roll Bar from BBG.....
Here is my quick release steering hub and removed sun visors....

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the much over priced Arrow Carbon Fiber Block Off Plate....
Here is a poor photo of heat shielding that I installed under the air box to reflect the heat from the engine....
Here is another poor photo of the BBG Billet Steering Rack Bushings....
:2tu:

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next on the list will be a set of polished and cryoed 3:55 gears with a OS Giken, BBG Mono-Ball joints throughout the whole suspension along with BBG's not yet released Ohlins Shock kit which after seeing the prototypes I was sold on them. Next year I will look at doing my motor from the bottom up with Toddy @ BBG and I am planning on a 850+ H.P. at the crank normally aspirated. :crazy2: Which should be no problem with all the Billet Goodies BBG has in the pipeline.:headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE=bluesrt;3206913]i like those 3 guages, good job there[/QUOTE] Thank you! It took some time to get the holes perfect but it was worth it in the end.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohlins shocks!!!! nice nice parts, thats what i want at some point in time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth