Prototype parts for the 2013 Viper.

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a small and, possibly, intersting tidbit for discussion. My business is prototype metal stampings and injection molded plastics. In reference to the production readiness of the GEN V, we have recently (in the last two weeks) quoted and/or worked on prototype parts designated as being for the 2013 Viper. I can't discuss what the parts were and I honestly don't know whether they were for the coupe or for a future convertible or other model, but the model year designation was what struck me. It seems late in the game to be prototyping for a model year about to go into production. But just so everyone is assured, they do seem to be very well designed!:)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. I think production doesn't start till late this year so I guess some fine tuning could still be going on.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the national meeting, SRT stated production would start in August with the first GenV's being delivered in December.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool,

I did some searching and came up with this prototype part

You must be registered for see images attach

Bruce

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's wider rear fenders after SRT saw the complaints about the Viper being too narrow and not exotic enough looking. One can always hope :)

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, haven't seen one of those in a long time. A Timken muffler bearing........pretty rare these days.

Very cool,

Bruce

OP
OP
D

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, can't post any pics. Confidentiality agreemensts and such. Posting it on a Viper forum is way too easily traceable...lol. Nothing exciting anyway, just some "under the skin" brackets and such.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, can't post any pics. Confidentiality agreemensts and such. Posting it on a Viper forum is way too easily traceable...lol. Nothing exciting anyway, just some "under the skin" brackets and such.

Fair enough

Sooo...what kind of materials is your company involved with? Aluminum? Carbon Fiber?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps with the new Conner plant setup, parts to assembly times or the turnaround time can be pretty quick. Perhaps the OP can tell us how quick he can turn around a drawing into production parts to the factory floor.

OP
OP
D

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We work with just about any kind of metal and any injection moldable platic. Sorry to disapoint everyone but, as I said before, nothing too exciting.....just some brackets out of good old fashioned HSLA steel. To answer another post, we don't do production, but then again the volumes that the Viper is produced at aren't traditionally considered "production" from a manufacturing standpoint anyway and a lot of the parts for them are made by less traditional, low volume techniques. Soetimes the volume just doesn't warrant the large upfront cost of production processes. Depending on the complexity of the part, we can make low volumes from customer designs in as little as 3 to 5 days for brackets and similar parts.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool,

Bruce

Generally speaking you change your muffler bearings at 50K mile intervals, otherwise you'll end up with a rattled housing as shown here............................

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally speaking you change your muffler bearings at 50K mile intervals, otherwise you'll end up with a rattled housing as shown here............................

I generally like to change my muffler bearings more frequently than 50K miles, cheap insurance afterall. You should also check the hydrolator injection sequencer whenever you change your muffler bearings.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I generally like to change my muffler bearings more frequently than 50K miles, cheap insurance afterall. You should also check the hydrolator injection sequencer whenever you change your muffler bearings.

^^^^^Agreed with this ^^^^^

That's mainly because now all the hydrolator injection sequencer's are made in China and they're using degraded steel.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

^^^^^Agreed with this ^^^^^

That's mainly because now all the hydrolator injection sequencer's are made in China and they're using degraded steel.

I just keep reading and learn'in, you guys are just a wealth of information :) I have never checked my muffler bearings ..... off to the garage :D

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just keep reading and learn'in, you guys are just a wealth of information :) I have never checked my muffler bearings ..... off to the garage :D

Checking your muffler bearing before changing the oil (which is overdue), excellent idea Sir!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checking your muffler bearing before changing the oil (which is overdue), excellent idea Sir!

This reminds me that I'm long overdue to change the filter in the jeffries tube. Every 18,000 miles or every 2 years I believe.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cat, bearings had seized up due to too much condensation from H2o, that's why I went for a full cat delete, sounds much better now, no whining sound ;)

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well refill the blinker fluid while you're at it. Don't want the turn signal going out.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well refill the blinker fluid while you're at it. Don't want the turn signal going out.

What fluid do you use? Last time I changed my blinker fluid I used Dot 8 but I think I should have used Dot 9. With the Dot 8 fluid the blinker went ---blink---blink---blink when I think it is supposed to go blink---blink---blink---.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What fluid do you use? Last time I changed my blinker fluid I used Dot 8 but I think I should have used Dot 9. With the Dot 8 fluid the blinker went ---blink---blink---blink when I think it is supposed to go blink---blink---blink---.

This is what I use:

But, remember to check your engine alignment first. Your power band may just be coming loose.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dot 9 ??
Some guys spare no expense just to SHOW OFF !!
Cheaper Dot 8 will do fine for me