Published Coupe 1/4 miles? MT run 11.5@127mph w/ the C6 Z06.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if any of the magazines got their hands on and tested a SRT-10 coupe yet? I'm NOT asking for estimates but factual data. Wonder if the Coupe is actually underatted or not. I'm thinking DC might have an Ace up their sleve.

One the newstands now......

C6 Z06 Corvette

Motor Trend ran [email protected]........ 0-60 in 3.7sec.... 1.02g on skidpad.

Car and Driver ran [email protected] in 3.6sec........98g on skidpad.
0-100 in 7.9 sec..... 0-150 in about 18 sec.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be really supprised if that was on OEM run flats.

Is this a production car, or one of the pre production models, that may have been tweeked?

Does Z06 use run flats or compressed air canister system?

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car was tested on stock OEM tires, not drag radials and not slicks.

The C6 Z06 (like the C5 Z06) runs F1 tires and are NOT runflats.

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this a production car, or one of the pre production models, that may have been tweeked?

This a production car, like many that are trolling the streets these days. GM big wings have been driving them since early July.

05 Venom

Those are regular production Z06 numbers.

DC better move their ass with some power upgrades.

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from sween that these numbers are from the Blue Devil and not the Z06.

LOL

[Sarcasm] No way a V8 can be that fast, it must be supercharged and making 600hp to run those times.[/Sarcasm]

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and i hear from sween you can all kiss my ***.

im just playen :p . the srt-10 convertable ran 11.8 sec. and 0-60 in 3.9 and skid pad 1.05 Gs. if MT says the vette ran quater mile in 11.5 i believe it

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the times that i listed above are from the srt-10 covertable. the coupe times might be a 10th of a second better but i dont think it will be alot better than those times that i listed (if they are even better). unless of a major change. i cant wait to see the newsstands when they drive the 06 coupe

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-100 mph in 7.9 seconds and 0-150 mph in 18 seconds is fast. in fact its faster than the times road and track got for the new ford GT and the viper srt-10 in their latest issue of testing cars flat out for one mile on lemoore naval air stations east runway in california which is near sea level.

>>>>>> 0-100 mph 0-150 mph

C6 Z06 7.9 seconds 18 seconds

ford GT 8.6 seconds 19 seconds

viper srt-10 9.6 seconds 24.1 seconds

the concrete runway that the ford GT and viper srt-10 was tested on was very hard for these cars to get a good launch. if you were to spot these cars a 1/2 second in the 0-100 mph and a full 1.0 second on the 0-150 mph the corvette C6 Z06 would still beat them. i hear the new Z06 tops out at 198 mph :eek:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-100 mph in 7.9 seconds and 0-150 mph in 18 seconds is fast. in fact its faster than the times road and track got for the new ford GT and the viper srt-10 in their latest issue of testing cars flat out for one mile on lemoore naval air stations east runway in california which is near sea level.

the concrete runway that the ford GT and viper srt-10 was tested on was very hard for these cars to get a good launch. if you were to spot these cars a 1/2 second in the 0-100 mph and a full 1.0 second on the 0-150 mph the corvette C6 Z06 would still beat them. i hear the new Z06 tops out at 198 mph :eek:

Those quoted times were likely from R&T which was indeed tested on a crappy surface AND a 2400RPM launch (bad combination). :confused:

The better Motor Trend times were 0-100MPH in 8.36 and 11.77 @124MPH for the SRT-10 Viper, and 7.4 to 100MPH and 11.2 @131MPH for the Ford GT. :cool:

These are indeed impressive times for the C6 Z06, and I hope that Daimler Chrysler is paying attention as the internet will soon be buzzing with the Z06's impressive results.

It's not really out of line with the Z06's light weight, gearing and power. The Ferrari F430 managed 11.7 @123MPH with only 483HP and 343TQ.

The only hard part for me is that both cars are quicker than I am, and make FAR less power. :eek:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Total BS! You've got apples & oranges there.

If the Z06 runs 1/4 in 11.5-11.7 vs. 11.8 for the SRT-10, there's absolutely no way it runs 7.9 vs. 9.6 for the SRT-10 from 0-100mph. Can't compare those two very different tests ...

Using the SAME testing, the SRT-10 ran 0-100mph in 9.6 vs. 10.7 for the 400hp C6, so there's no way the 505hp Z06 runs it in 7.9 (same car, almost 3 sec faster?), if it were in that same test ...

And let's not forget, the Vettes run taller rear gears ... what would the SRT-10 do with the 3.45 or 3.55s that many of us have put in???

Where Dodge is screwing up is trying to squeeze mileage out of that 8.3L V-10 with a 3.07 rearend, instead of letting it run wild like it should ...

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did say that these cars were run on different tracks and i did say that if you give the viper a 1/2 to 1 second head start the vette still wins. yes the vette has more agressive gearing in the rear end and in the tranny ratios. so give the viper the same gearing and 300 lbs less weight and it wins. all this proves is that the vipers 510 hp motor has more torque than the vettes 505 hp motor. the bottom line is the vette is a faster car than the viper in terms of acceleration, top speed, road racing, etc. etc. the vette is a higher performing car for less $$$. sure you can mod your viper to beat it and i will be doing just that to my viper. i would say the viper looks better than the vette but this is subjective because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some might agree with me and some might not. but there is no disputing the facts in terms of speed. and with that said stock for stock the vette is faster car for less $$$. get over it. so with that said i will take the ford GT for 150k and mod it. all of these cars are great and i plan on having one of each in my garage. just like blondes, brunettes and redheads. america has chevy, dodge and ford.........its all good :usa:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH: the october 2005 issue of car & driver is reporting that the new C6 Z06 runs the 0-150 mph sprint in 17 seconds!!! not the 18 seconds as reported earlier in this thread. a 0-150 mph run gives a better representation of a cars acceleration potential than 0-60 or 0-100 or even a 1/4 mile in my opinion. why? because if one car gets a better start than the other this becomes less of a factor when stretched out over a longer distance because if the car that got the ****** start has the balls to pull the car with the better launch it has enough track distance to catch it and pass it. so with that said, spin the facts however you desire. but the new C6 Z06 will run a stock viper down and pass it on a straight away. something tells me (read nurburgring) that it will do the same thing in the corners too. ouch!!! good thing i am in the process of modding my viper because i sure as hell aint gonna let that vette show me its tail lights on a road course. i may have to spend more $$$ than the vette guys to win. but i am gonna get to the finish line 1st :D

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when they do test it, it wont be beating those Z06 numbers..... where is Gerald now?? :)

YEs, really. It's not going to go 126. LOL! Pass the pipe bro.! :) LOL!
going to go stock 126 in the 1/4 mile huh?

What's the average MPH of a Z06 now? 117? 115'ish? It's going to go 10 mph faster with an extra 80 or 90 HP?

Care to make ANY kind of wager on this?

Gerald

Just curious if any of the magazines got their hands on and tested a SRT-10 coupe yet? I'm NOT asking for estimates but factual data. Wonder if the Coupe is actually underatted or not. I'm thinking DC might have an Ace up their sleve.

One the newstands now......

C6 Z06 Corvette

Motor Trend ran <a href="mailto:[email protected]........"&gt;[email protected]........&lt;/a&gt; 0-60 in 3.7sec.... 1.02g on skidpad.

Car and Driver ran &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]........"&gt;[email protected]........&lt;/a&gt; 0-60 in 3.7sec.... 1.02g on skidpad.

Car and Driver ran &lt;a href="mailto:[email protected]</a> in 3.6sec........98g on skidpad.
0-100 in 7.9 sec..... 0-150 in about 18 sec.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the new Vette is going to be KING of the streets.
Stock on stock that is. But who keeps there car stock.... ;)

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My neighbor just joined the waiting list for a black Z06. When it arrives we may be able to do a little head to head testing.

No matter what the Z06 runs I will still have something on it that is very important to me ... The ability to get a tan while driving on a nice day.

That alone was enough for me to discount to Z06.

To each his own, and you can still have a lot of fun in your car even if it is not the king of the hill. Also, let's face it, how many people around here can really extract 100% of what they are driving right now? I know I can't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave