Put a deposit down on this

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1998 Used Dodge Viper GTS at Exotic Motors in Call 866-330-3645, IL - Vehicle Details

Tell me what you guys think? I am not going through ebay but their feeback is stellar. Their cars appear to be very well-priced across the boards and i think the amount of pictures and overall presentation appear to be good. Let me know what you think. I will be checking this car out on Saturday of next week and if it looks good then I will buy it.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the car is in good condition then that is a very good price. If they offer some type of extended warranty I would buy it. Peace of mind on these cars is a very good thing.

From the pictures the front fascia looks pretty banged up and the paint looks like it needs a good Porter Cable detail. Make sure the door hinges work (when you open up the doors make sure they stay open and can't come back closed freely). Make sure the rear glass shocks work properly (glass stays up). These are nit picks, but they might fix them for free. The hinges are a couple hundred each to replace. If those are the original tires, they kinda look it, that should be the first thing on your list to purchase. Its the major cause of first time Viper owner accidents (well that coupled with stupidity, but it sure serves as a nice accelerant to a crash.)

Overall car looks pretty good. Red 98GTSs are the fastest BTW :D

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the reply and advice as I will make sure to check those things. I actually negotiated the price below that a bit so that is not my purchase price. I am going to call back and talk about the front fascia. I thought it was actually just bad lighting and not that scratched..im going to investigate that now.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm I am fixated on that front fascia...that isn't lighting reflections is it? That is all scuffed? The other parts of the car look great. If it is that scuffed....would you guys personally still feel comfortable dropping 36k on this vehicle (assuming everything else is in order). Also the tires are not original and have 50% tread left..according to them. I would replace them though anyway when I drive it back to Michigan.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm I am fixated on that front fascia...that isn't lighting reflections is it? That is all scuffed? The other parts of the car look great. If it is that scuffed....would you guys personally still feel comfortable dropping 36k on this vehicle (assuming everything else is in order). Also the tires are not original and have 50% tread left..according to them. I would replace them though anyway when I drive it back to Michigan.

I'd at least negotiate the price down to cover the cost of a repainting the front fascia. More than likely, the side sills need attention too. If the tires are old (check the date code stamped on the tire) factor in new tires and an alignment.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Term,

I don't own a gen 2, but from what I have seen and heard the lower front fascia IS susceptible to scratches. It is a sports car and it is low. Knowing that and the fact that the odometer reflects someone actually drove it (instead of garaged it) I wouldn't be too concerned with the scratches. That can always be repainted. Why not have someone from the IL Club check it out for you? BTW- beautiful car at a good price, good luck! WOW, they already put a SALE PENDING sign on it.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks sleek-ride. The car is actually located outside of Chicago Illinois. I guess I would need a chi town member to check it! Any takers?!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks really nice to me except the brake fluid. Have them change that to some good stuff if you buy it. Good luck.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not local, get someone from the IL-VCA to check it out for you. I checked out an Atlanta car for a guy in Detroit today. Looked great in the pics...in real life, it appears to have been hit and has other problems. He's not buying it and saved the price of a plane ticket.

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
I bought mine from them. They used a licensed shipper . insured. The care came to me with sill damage. The shipper says it was the dealers fault... the dealer says it was the shippers fault... 1056 dollars out of my my pocket because neither will take responsibility.neither will give insurance info and now no one will answer and return phone calls. GOOD LUCK WITH THEM it has been 9 months now. thanks for the jog in memory... I called again ( just now )and got hung up on again

Last edited:

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
I suggest you go look at it in person. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them .. I would not buy tennis shoes from them. Just my 2 cents
Adam Saleem and rick all have the same voice.and each say the other is not in when you call conspiracy maybe...... I don't think so lol
shipper was Waldron Transport..Bruce Waldron . Martinsburge West Virginia. Does anyone have their insurance info lol ???

I think they make their money $500.00 at a time

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I called my CC company and they have not charged my card yet. So whenever they decide to do so it will be rejected as I put a hold on my account. I will call them tomorrow and work something out via a smaller deposit (100 bucks) and have a VCA member check it, or I will just let this one go. Part of buying a vehicle is feeling good about the transaction and with the great words from you guys here...I am realizing that this company may not be worth investing in. I will figure this out tomorrow.

I also agree with the voices thing lol. I purposely asked for Adam instead of Saleem and "adam" said "oh I talked with you yesterday." I stated, 'no i talked with saleen' and he said "oh ya he told me you were going to call back."

EDIT: WROTE AN EMAIL AND TOLD THEM NO GO. TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE PM'ED ME GIVING ME HORROR STORIES. THANK YOU VCA.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oops, nevermind. jumped the gun and did not see your latest reply.. Front was painted on that car. Can tell just from looking at the pictures. Not the best color match.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The front fascia is going to get scraped up, that's ust a fact of life for Viper owners. The scratches on that cars fascia are above the normal areas you'd expect scratches so it looks like the previous owner(s) ran directly into a curb, etc. Probably happened when parking the car. You can get someone to touch those areas up if they bug you. I am not sure if it has been repainted or not. It looks like an "off" color match, but with the lighting in the pictures you really can't tell.

Anyway, if you can get that car for 36k or so then I still think it's a steal. Like I said, ask about a warranty and listen to the others about GOING AND SEEING THIS CAR. Pictures can hide A LOT. I would also take it Dodge Dealer and have it inspected.

Note: Saw your footnote...nevermind.