Putting Gen 2 Dash on Gen 1 Possible?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really trying to avoid painting the dash beacuse I dont like they way they look.

I have been trying to find a 1996 black dash for over a year with no luck.

I have also been trying to find a carbon fiber dash for over a year with no luck on that one either.

Is it possible to put a Gen2 dash on a Gen1? I can find many gen 2 dashes all the time, would it be completely impossible? or just need some slight modifications?

any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the 1996 is the only one that will fit because of the airbag and glove box. I haven't heard of anyone trying it otherwise.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the 1996 is the only one that will fit because of the airbag and glove box. I haven't heard of anyone trying it otherwise.

Right but putting the glove box aside. What if you just put the airbag cover on there? and lose your glove box? will it fit otherwise

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The compueter read out is different along with the gauges...so...you would have to replace not only the dash, but the entire structure behind it. I looked at this a few years ago and when you do a side by side comparison, you notice there are quite a few differences that keep you from doing this...the right way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave