Ques re Brake duct install on Gen IV

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed CC brake ducts on a Gen IV? Do you have to change out the brake lines? It looks like the 90 deg. piece off the caliper interferes with the placement of the duct. Also, has anyone installed the steering rack bushings that keep the ducts from being crunched? I am not even sure where the bushings get put. Any advice would be appreciated.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed CC brake ducts on a Gen IV? Do you have to change out the brake lines? It looks like the 90 deg. piece off the caliper interferes with the placement of the duct. Also, has anyone installed the steering rack bushings that keep the ducts from being crunched? I am not even sure where the bushings get put. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are some different front brake line that go straight up, send me your email and I'll fire you some pics.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic from GTS-R
You must be registered for see images attach

Anybody know a supplier for these modified brake lines?

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer....It looks as if you have the air jack lift system onboard, Do you. If so can you give up some info when where and price thanks Marc

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You will need a set of Comp Coupe brake lines.

You can buy them from Tom Francis at Viper Race Headquarters. They are nice pieces and work very well with brake ducts of any kind.

The CF brake duct ends from the CC will fit but will be very close to touching at full steering lock, and will touch with the wheels off of the ground, i.e. be sure your wheels are straight before jacking the car.

Nice color choice with your ACR .....

Dan

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer,

The spindle ducts I used are from the X as are the aluminum bushings to limit the steering rack. I sourced both of these parts from ViperRaceHeadquarters. Hope this helps. DO NOT REMOVE THE TIE ROD FROM THE SPINDLE to install the limiter bushings. The easiers thing to do is unscrew the tie rod shaft from the rack and pinion itself. It is far easier and will save you a lot of time.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
F8L SNK,

Great pics.

How do you like your set up?

Don't see a hose clamp in the photo?

See you haven't changed your caliper bolts to studs and added the braces from the caliper studs to the hose / duct ends (or maybe you have?)

Is it staying together on track?

Dan

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is great. I have not had any brake fade issues. It is holding up great and I have not added the bolts or reinforcement and have had zero issues. I will do so but haven't got around to it yet. The clamps were added but these pics were during the install.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
F8L SNK,

Very good to hear as you are in Texas and have to deal with heat at least as much as we in CA do.

I have the same set up in the garage waiting to install it.

How did you cut your fascia?

How much do the bushings cut into your turning radius?

What brake pads are you running up front?

At the rear?

Again, great pics and thanks for your input.

Dan

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I eyeballed the place where I wanted to cut the facia then used blue tape to make a straight edge. I used a jig saw to make the cut and used an air sander to clean it up.

The bushings take quite a bit off of the turning radius but do not effect the car on track at all. They aren't the best for a street car.

I run the minted front and brake man threes in the rear. I did run the PFC 01s in the front but they were rotor eaters.

Let me know if you need anything else I'd be glad to help.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I've tried the PFC01's and agree that they are rotor eaters. They also seem to "glaze up" a bit as they age and braking diminishes besides being noisy and super dirty.

I've tried the Mintex race pads and they worked OK but didn't seem to stop as well as the PFC 01's. Didn't eat the rotors as badly either.

I've run B 3's on the back as well as Porterfield R4's. I like the R4's better and they cost less.

I just bought a set of Raybestos Racing ST47R780.18 for the front as the guys at Porterfield Racing think they'll stop me as well or better than the PFC 01's without the rotor damage. We'll see.

If these don't work, I'll upgrade to the Brembo rotors on the ACRX and bigger pads.

Thanks again for the info.

Dan

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F8L, thanks for the pics and the tip on install! Much appreciated. I use the PFC1 up front and with 8,000 track miles am still on my second set of rotors.

BossGT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey man. i saw these old posts where you had the cooling ducts that bolt next to the caliper and rotor. do you still have these or know where i can get some? please email me
[email protected]
thanks
peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh