Quieting an exhaust? Dumping a quiet one?

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of stock/quiet mufflers for a Gen1 they want to get rid of?
My car is failing inspection because it is too loud (103db; limit is 93db). The emissions are fine; it's just too loud....
The last time this happened, I bought a set of used pipes off this board and slapped them on to get through inspection. I stored them away in my friend's warehouse, but it looks like they got tossed at some point.
I tried stuffing some fiberglass packing from my MX bikes up the pipes, but it was promptly blown out. Are there any cheap mufflers/solutions that will work long enough to get me through inspection?

Thanks!

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of stock/quiet mufflers for a Gen1 they want to get rid of?
My car is failing inspection because it is too loud (103db; limit is 93db). The emissions are fine; it's just too loud....
The last time this happened, I bought a set of used pipes off this board and slapped them on to get through inspection. I stored them away in my friend's warehouse, but it looks like they got tossed at some point.
I tried stuffing some fiberglass packing from my MX bikes up the pipes, but it was promptly blown out. Are there any cheap mufflers/solutions that will work long enough to get me through inspection?

Thanks!

Holy crap, really? Well, this doesn't fair too well for me when emmisions gets here to bend. My GTS is one of the loudest cars here with that SVS exhaust. :omg:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How soon do you need them? I'm looking to go louder and will have my stockers available. I was planning to keep them so the next owner can have them, but anything to offset the cost of an upgrade now is helpful.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, they fail you because of sound level in Oregon....thats nuts! This is a Viper not a Honda with a chamberless muffler.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, they fail you because of sound level in Oregon....thats nuts! This is a Viper not a Honda with a chamberless muffler.
That's great. I hate super loud bikes and cars. :2tu: Their owners seem to be loud talkers too. :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth