racing

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have raced a couple of years in the Lemons series and raced my Viper in some road racing courses. Any suggestions on renting a seat in for the 2013 season in the midwest to east coast series?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From LeMons to Viper racing?.........Quite a different budget required. Occasional to moderately frequent HPDE's is all I can afford to do with the Viper. -Don't even have a trailer. If you are actually gonna 'race' your Viper, That must be awesome to have the means to do so. Good luck. ......go fast or be last!

OP
OP
H

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team I drove with has placed top ten and we were 5th last race when tranny let go. I just want to come into a prepared seat next year in another series and have fun with a really prepared car. Yes I am fortunate I make a good living.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Happy. I understand what you are saying. Vipers are hard to find seats for due to the budget of keeping a viper properly tuned.
Contact Woodhouse Performance or Archer Brothers, or maybe even Tomball might keep you in a Viper for the Season. Good Luck Hunting.

OP
OP
H

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a Viper I just want to spend a season in a good car. My son and I finished 7&8th in NMRA drag radial a couple of years ago and had a blast but boy did I spend money keeping 2 cars going! I would like to be drop in race and leave and let someone else do the work.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
To expand on what Frank said, you could contact Bernie Katz at Tomball/Viper Exchange. He's pretty hooked up and might know of a ride.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Reghaggen Racing a call: Mustangs -
Give CRP (Charlotte NC) : Corvettes

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the budget, there are certainly gentleman-racer seats available in most series. I don't know what the budget is (I know if I have to ask, I can't afford it) but my guess is that for a season its High 5-figures to low 6-figures for a season with a team in NARRA or equivalent.

If you're not interested as much in prize money and TV fame, troll around NASA, SCCA and other race-sponsoring but still-recreational organizations. There are teams...especially for Enduros......that welcome additional drivers (and their money).

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info Sun Diego. Wow, its mid five figures for just a weekend (see, I knew I shouldn't ask!)

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/superlite-series-offers-arrive-drive-program/

Low cost fun can be Chump car and Lemons seats for 1K to 2K for a weekend.

Karting arrive and drive is much more reasonable than cars.

Racing schools are great, at about 5K for 3 days usually, all in.

Arrive and drive cars tend not to be big HP cars.

There are many shops that can provide arrive and drive for your own car.

Remember the words from some of the articles in the link above. some arrive and drive series make their money on the markup on repairs in crashes.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a buddy of mine is on crew for one of the mustangs in the Koni / Continential Tire series.....~ $30k a weekend if you don't wreck the car... that is insane and that is *just* a new mustang... i cannot imagine what it would cost for a seat in a race prepped viper.?? Good luck!

I am sure if you troll around the NASA or SCCA (i assume you have a racing license) you could find something like what you are looking for.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NASA Spec Miata is probably the most economical weekend ride. www.nasaproracing.com and talk to the Midwest director, Dave Royce, whose email is on the 'regions' page. http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html Dave is a good guy and can put you where you want to go for the budget you have to spend. Or try carts...not kidding, a lot of guys who cannot afford sports cars are racing carts these days. I have no info on that but it should be easy to find. Ask Ralph Gilles, he has a cart track?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4