1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator Fan Fuse/Relay 95 RT/10

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by IDM, Oct 29, 2014.

1. IDM

IDM Enthusiast

Can someone tell me where the fuse and relay are the for the radiator fan and what signals it to turn on?

Does it have a sensor or does the ecu turn it on?

Thanks a lot!

2. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member Venom Member

The fan relays are on the passenger side under the hood, under the HVAC blower, and behind the A/C dryer.

3. ACELLR8

ACELLR8 Enthusiast

There is no fuse (fused link instead) for the fan. First I would check the relay under the passenger side heater air box, that was the culprit on my fan failure a couple years back. You can jumper with a paper clip between relay pin # 87 (high speed fan) or pin # 87Q to pin 30 12 Volts, hot all the time. If pin 30 is not hot all the time check the fused links on drivers side from battery.

I have a 95 and just recently had a problem with my fan not working. After monkeying with it for several hours, i just bought Roe Racings fan kit (125$) which bypasses the factory relays and power source to turn the fan on and off based on a pre programmed temp / setting. Worked great.

Good luck with it as it can be a pain. More and likely it is a relay though, which Dodge no longer sells. But you can get it at Napa for about $15. Ed

This may be helpful too.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...Fan-not-working-Any-tips-or-ideas-appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. pollard4286

pollard4286 Enthusiast

I also went with the Roe Racing kit on my 95. It works great and was a fast fix for the problem.