Radio install in a GTS...

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have experience or rec's on getting a new radio installed in a GTS? Do I need to do the speakers to? What is the weak link in the system? Compared to my other cars this one is not exactly on par. I do want an iPOD hook up as well. Any brands models places for install would be of help!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the weakest piece in the stereo system IMO are those paper speakers. i didnt want to spend alot of dough on my system because most of the time my stereo is turned off. so, i bought a very nice set of speakers for the doors only, disconnected the rears, and the system sounds a WHOLE lot better and met my musical needs just fine.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,
my car is in the shop right now getting a whole new system installed. I feel your pain with the poor sound quality of the stock system.

As far as head unit recommendations, DEFINITELY get an Alpine. All of their latest units have an optional ipod connection and it only costs $20.00. Its a dock port connection and it charges your ipod at the same time. It works GREAT. You can pick up a decent alpine for $250.00 then the 20$ cable and your good to go. Replace those speakers while your at it too :)

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there good speaker for adding base without having to install a subwoofer?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there good speaker for adding base without having to install a subwoofer?

Yes! A lot of the guys here install a NICE component set up front with new tweeters then for the rear 6.5" they put in those JL Audio 6.5" subwoofers. Fits the stock location perfect and everyone seems to love the extra bass from them.

I myself went with components front and rear and am adding 1 12" sub for the bass. who needs a spare tire anyway? :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am replacing all of my speakers with JL's but how in the hell do you remove the rear speakers? It almost looks like rivets are holding the speakers in and not screws.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts John, I should just grab my Dewalt and drill them out. I finally own a Viper that I can hear the music but can't figure out how to remove the speakers so I can increase my listening enjoyment.:cuss:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave