Rare 1980 Viper for sale - modest wing

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car doesn't look that bad. Obviously a typo for the year. And you can't get BFG KDW-2s for the rears, don't make a 335/18, so thats why there is a tire difference. I have the same problem on my car, but I make it up by running the BFG drag radials on the rear.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the car in person a few years back at Englishtown. I don't know if it was sold twice but it is or was once owned by a NYC cop and it had strobes. The car used to have blue HRE's too.

--RS

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car doesn't look that bad. Obviously a typo for the year. And you can't get BFG KDW-2s for the rears, don't make a 335/18, so thats why there is a tire difference. I have the same problem on my car, but I make it up by running the BFG drag radials on the rear.

Agreed. Overall, appearance-wise it's not too bad. I've certainly seen much worse. The actual condition of the car is another matter. The pictures certainly aren't helping with the sale. IIRC, I've seen this car posted on EBAY before. Those don't look like 3-piece wheels to me...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats up with that interior rear view mirror? is that stock? it looks odd.

and why would anyone make the effort to take a pic of it? LMAO

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Valentine built into the rear view mirror as well (not obvious to cops or thieves), but still have a separate display unit (so again, it isn't obvious to cops when it goes off and you are in front of them).

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have a Valentine built into the rear view mirror as well (not obvious to cops or thieves), but still have a separate display unit (so again, it isn't obvious to cops when it goes off and you are in front of them).

interesting. where can i find more info on this?

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO all of the pictures arent of the same car. The first whole car pics, the interior is yellow. The interior pics, the car has different rims. 2 different cars. Must be a scam. Also the driveway changes from concrete to asphalt as well.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO all of the pictures arent of the same car. The first whole car pics, the interior is yellow. The interior pics, the car has different rims. 2 different cars. Must be a scam. Also the driveway changes from concrete to asphalt as well.
nice catch!
I didn't notice the interior was a different color in the first pics
Maybe they were earlier pics before he changed the interior back to black???:dunno:
the whole ad is very sketchy

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this same car has been multiple times at Chuck's B-B-Q 2002 and 2003...
Called BL THNDER?

Chucks_B-B-Q_2003_069.jpg

Chucks_Viper_BBQ_024.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave