RE: Club member needs our help in this Blood Drive

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blood Drive
For Mike
Saturday April 30th
Hi Everyone
This year has been a great year for the N.E. Viper club to help out the community. Now we have a fellow member who is asking us out for a helping hand. After we posted our sponsorship for the Hole in the Wall Gang? We learned that one our N.E. club member has a family member who has lived with the same life threatening disease that we speak about helping at the Hole in the Wall Gang. They have asked me, if we could help them support a blood drive.:headbang: I told them that we would support them in any way possible. Here is a little bit of info on why the blood drive takes place.
There son Mike was diagnosed with leukemia in August 2006. Mike started on the road of 2-1/2 years of treatment plan of chemotherapy, radiation, hospitalization and blood transfusions at MA General Hospital. Soon after, in February 2007 Mike relapsed and it was decided that Mike best shot at survival would be a bone marrow transplant. Luckily, Mike’s sister, Nicole was a perfect match. On April 2007, Mike received his sister’s bone marrow, after going through a week of intense chemotherapy and radiation. Mike has been Cancer free since. Last year Mike is a freshman at University of Rhode Island, and is perusing a nursing major.
Since Mike’s was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2006. Mike has needed multiple transfusions of blood and platelets during his treatment. The families’ way of giving back or “paying it forward” was to hold a blood drive. To help with the much needed, and often times, short supply of blood.
So hear are our plans for this event. We can have 2 pickup points; Glenn will be at the park in ride on Route 93- Exit 2 for anyone coming from the North. Glenn will be there for 8:30 and leave at 8:45 sharp. We will all meet at the Newton Rest area, its right after the Mass Pike on Rte 95/128. This way anyone coming from the Mass Pike can hook up with us very easily. We will meet for 9:30 and we will leave at 10:00 sharp. They have set up special parking for us. Mass. Gen. Hosp. has 2 Mobile blood donating Busses at 165 Nahatan Street in Norwood, MA across the street from Sovereign Bank. We are hoping to draw attention to the presents of the Vipers, in hopes that more people will stop and add to the totals of donated blood. They have reached 70- 80 donors in the past. We need to show our support in hopes that they can break the 100 donor count this year. After giving blood we will head out for lunch. I was thinking of going to Jake & Joe’s Sports Grill. You can check out their menu at www.jakenjoes.com :eater:
If there was any time for the club to come together and help out a club member who needs assistance, now is the time. We will rise to the challenge and surpass the totals needed. In closing every email I always add: I hope you can make. I truly hope you can make this charity event. See you there.:2tu:
Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
It looks like the weather is going to be great out on Saturday. This event is going to be a rain or shine event. If it happens to rain, bring any vehicle you would like. We are shooting for sunny skies.
We came up with a great incentive to get as many people out as possible. For every member that shows up will receive a raffle ticket for a custom jacket. The jacket will have the VCA logo on the back with 225,000 stitches on it. The front will have your name and the other side will have our new club logo and that has about 35,000 stitches. Jacket is worth about $100.00. You will pick out your color of the jacket and stitching. What more can you ask for. The way it will work is a member is the only person who can win the jacket, you bring a friend get an extra ticket. Bring a school bus full of people get a lot of tickets. So every club member who gives blood will be eligible to win. We are just trying to make a great statement to our club member who needs our help in giving some blood to fill there goal. We will be do the raffle at lunch. I know we don't have to give away a jacket to get our members to help out, it's just a nice bonus. SWEET!!!! Check out the jacket below.
Left-Tees Designs Bayou, LLC=

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I'm really bumming that I can't make this one. I was not happy before, but now I'm going to miss out on a chance to win a cool jacket. Damn!

I'm hoping to see many of you at Tator Toga. Still working on my plans.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is looking fantastic....:sun:
Not too hot....great cruising event.:drive:
Come on meet me at 8:30 am Saturaday,
Route 93 exit # 2.
Rest stop area.
Round - em up - let's roll.
No...:nono:...Rain in the forecast... :rain:
Can't wait to enjoy a clean ride.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, disregard my attendance guys. Laura and I got caught out MUCH later than we expected with family. We are going to have to sit this one out, we have both decided to donate though at the next blood drive we see in our area. Enjoy the day!

:usa: Nick :usa:

jack59

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello NEVCA...awesome day today at the blood drive. 80 donors, that is unbelieveable! That donation will help hundreds of children. So thank you to Rick and Paula Desrosiers, Glenn Cote, Peter and Anne Wolczik, Dave Kenney, John Downing, Jib and Sue Fornaciari and Martin Distelbrink. It was a huge success. Thank you for helping us give back to MGH for all they did for us. We couldn't have done it without you. Rick, thank you for all your hard work and the jackets. They will be worn with pride. Thanks again, The Hayes family, Jack, Tia, Nikki and Mike.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jack
Paula and I had a great time. I will have memories of this event for a long time. LOL I'm glad you and your family got 80 donors today. Rick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456