re-programming for new key fob for '96 GTS?

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plastic ring on my key fob broke so that the ring is no longer attached. I ordered a new key fob, but am guessing the dealer will want me to bring the car in to program it. Anyone here how to do the programming so that I don't have to run the car in to the dealer?

thx,
Rich

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Year Matters..... EZ-SQUEEZY 96-97 as Steve prolly told ya?
I remember one of his very first VCA Tech Sessions he held at a local restaurant many years ago...and he has retained everything since then!

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I have a new key fob. How do I program it. I have seen a couple of instructions, but couldn't get it to work with any of them. I have a 97 GTS.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its just the casing that is broken, buy a new key fab and swap out the board inside to the new case, it will take you two seconds and no tools....just need a penny

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
BigBadViper, if you follow the instructions on reprogramming posted by "Ron" in the Illustrated Upgrades section AND your fob has a good, new battery...you should be good to go. If not after all of the steps completed, stand on driver's side of Viper and while holding fob near the windshield, RESYNC fob and that will cure some of the alledged reprogramming misfires. After that, suspect EEM malmunction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets