Rear End Side Carrier and Idler gears ?

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any they want to get rid of or know where I can get my hands on some?

Saturday's Vette/Viper shootout at MIR took a toll on one of my half shafts as well as these gears.....

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to say hi at MIR, you were under the car about that time. I read your post about going back to the 3.07 gears and it got me to thinking. Wouldn't, all things being equal, the 3.07 ring/pinion teeth have more pressure on them than with the 3.55? The 3.55 ratio makes it easier to turn the tires and should reduce loading on the teeth. If you are on the margin with the 3.55, wouldn't going back to the 3.07 be asking for trouble? In all this I'm just assuming that you are using stock gears.

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't hurt the ring and pinion just the side gears and idler gears. The only reason I may go back to the 307's is that I am going through the traps in 5th gear with the 354 gear. The car will more then likely pick up 5 to 8 mph with the 307. I think 330 gears would really be the right for this car......

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee Dove:
I think 330 gears would really be the right for this car......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you run 3.31's then? I thought that ratio was offered?
Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth