Rear Fascia Accent Panel...Has anyone done it?

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to install the Rear Fascia Accent Panel from Mopar.....Here is a pic.

Has anyone done that? I couldn't figure out how would it be installed? Drill holes? Stick with Adhesives? Snap on? Any ideas?

Rear_Fascia_Accent.jpg

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes. Looks good installed, closes up / accents large hole at lower rear of car. Black color. Uses adhesives. No issues in 15,000 miles.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to the double adhesive tape, there are small clips which affix to the facia edge (inside). I believe it gives the back a bolder look and gives rear-end contrast. They are an easy self install.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They look much better in person. They line up with the diffuser blades and it appears that it is one peice. It also hides the battery and frame supports from side views.

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great...Everyone who's got it seems to like it.

I will be ordering one tomorrow morning....Thanks All!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These panels seem to look the best on dark cars, or those where the rear valance has been painted, as on cars with stripes.

Without them drivers behind you see a bunch of mechanical bits under your car, especially with lights on at night. These give a much cleaner look.

I also do not like them quite as much on body painted valences of lighter colored cars, but it does give a bit of a custom, more finished look where the colors match.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that you can see the rear the and frame supports. Simply mean.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
My SRT-10 is black and this part, being black, looks very good installed.

It also (mostly) obscures two large fuel pumps, a fuel cooler with fan, an Accusump and some lines, relays and hoses.

The dividers line up with the fins below and again, looks good. A friend has one of these on his red car and it looks good too.

Dan

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have done a ton of these and they look fantastic on a black car or one that has stripes , so there is a black panel on the Convertible ( this is just a ragtop part ).

They are paintable, and they , frankly look nice on cars when painted. From the back, it shuts off the view of all the rear end parts and actually enhances the visual image of the splitter vanes --- they appear to go into the bumper farther.

Key is to paint them if you have a car other than black or a striped one. We figured out the look on these with the Comm. Edition Cars in 2005, and got great reviews from all who installed . Typical part where one picture does not do it justice.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse:2tu:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill or Viper X -

Is there any chance either of you could post pics of the accent panel on a striped car?

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
MoparMan,

My SRT-10 is solid black or I'd try. My SRTC is striped but already has a rear end treatment.

On another subject, you should log onto our website and consider joining us for some driving events. I think you'd enjoy it. www.socalviper.org.

Dan

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - Thanks for the invite, I appreciate it. I was on your site before when I was the VP of our region and was doing promotion for our BBQ at Sheri's. Eventually, I was locked out of your site. To tell the truth, I may be changing regions next year or leaving the club altogether.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave