Red Barn Car Show - July 26

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my knowledge there is no organized event. Whwn the events for 2008 were reviewed the Red Barn Mopar event was recognized but not identified as being supported as a club event. And no member has come forward and indicated a desire to form a group to go.

That said I would think that there are members that would like to go, but have waited for some organization or mention. With 1 week to go that seems improbable.

I hope this posting (yours not mine) helps generate some interest.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone post details on show and location, not sure if i can go yet but would like to know details to see if i can make arrangements too get there

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike it is in the Gilmore site www.gilmoremuseum.org there is an events listing there with all the details.

I cannot go myself due to a birthday party. Otherwise I might have driven it as an official event for MCVO. No one else on the board was interested.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this is via my Blackberry and I cannot check it out. The link should be on the MCVO events page.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry Weaver is going to see if he can organize a tour to the Red Barn. We discussed it briefly at the Autocross today. Terry set up the good route we took last time -- part of Huron Road is closed, but he thinks he can get us a good work around. Stay tuned!

:drive:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will send out an invitation to everyone in the club tonight. I will add a copy here for anyone outside of the MCVO. I need to receive confirmation from the Gilmore museum before it is a final go, but expect no issue there.

The essense will be to arrive at the Grand Traverse Pie Co. on Zeeb Rd (just north of I-94 on Zeeb road) west of M-14 at 8:00. Additional details to follow.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I was going.. very nice event, plus the quality & mix of the indoor museum cars make it worth the visit.

Last time there was 2005, I got a 1st place with my 572 c.i. (9.4L) cross ram Hemi 68 Barracuda hot rod that I built in my garage. Vipers were in the same special interest group. Nothing against Vipers.. I own one. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Mike

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCVO has put together a last minute cruise event to the Red Barn, also known as the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners. We did this event 3 years ago and had a great time. The weather forecast for next weekend is great, and I am sure it will continue to be so. Terry Weaver has graciously volunteered to create a great cruise route starting from the west side.

The starting point is from the parking lot by the Grand Traverse Pie Co. 291 N Zeeb Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1550. Zeeb Rd is just west of where M-14 intersects I -94 and has direct access from I-94. Grand Traverse Pie Co is just north of I-94 on the west side of Zeeb.

Meeting Time: 8:00 am Saturday July 26

Cruise is approximately 2 hrs and will take us to Hickory Corners where the Gilmore Museum is. Hickory Corners is about 10 miles northwest of Battle Creek.

The following is a link to the Red Barn event page http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/event_details.php?event_id=13&

So please join us and cruise to the Red Barn. Note this is an all Mopar event so we are sure to see some spectacular Mopar rides, including of course Vipers. If you have a radio it would be good to bring it along as it makes caravanning easier. There is no need to register for this event. I would appreciate an email indicating your intentions so we have an idea of how many are coming.

Email me at [email protected]

OP
OP

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful !
Doubt if we can make 8:00 A.M. from Ontario (with border and construction issues)
Terry or someone - can you please post scenic route and cell# and we'll play 'catch-up'.
Thanks muchly.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

My friend and I had a great time touring the show and I learned all I needed to know about her....she liked '36 Auburn Boattail Speedster as her favorite, then the Duesenberg SSJ (like Clark Gable's car)....impeccable taste if you ask me!

The only I forgot was to get some pictures of her with my car.....then again, there's always next time!

Regards,
Aaron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets