REDEEMED MYSELF, SMACKED SOME STREET RICE......

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After getting beat by a couple but hairs 3 weeks back by the new z I had a new encounter yesterday on PCH. It was on the long stretch between laguna and corona del mar. I was trying to catch up with a red srt-10 when I noticed a car flying up behing me and I hear some loud blow off valve. It's a new Nissan 350z with a turbo (or turbos). Normally I would have never even raced this 350z, since they are worlds apart from the Viper, but this guy came from 5 miles back and made sure I heard his turbos so I know the car was modded way over a stock 350z We get a red light with a long straight in front of me. Long story short it wasnt close. Next red light we line up again and I wait for him to look over so I can find out what he had. He wouldnt look at me, just straight. This time I let him jump me off the line on purpose. Still walked past him. I dont think that this was a great victory by any stretch. I would assume the most the car would be putting down on a stock block would be 420 to the wheels. After the 2nd race he still wouldnt look over so I dont know what he had done to the car. I just put in a new shifter and it feels so much better than stock, and all it is, the mgw handle. I'm hoping I can catch up with that Z06 again from a couple weeks back. Much quicker shifting with just a new knob. I tried to look on the 350z boards but no one posted. Again, not really a fair race but fun none the less. Thought I'd share my fun. :2tu:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of over 500whp on the stock block on those 350Z's. A friend of mine raced one with "supposedly" 520rwhp and walked it pretty hard in his stock Z (from a roll).

Edit: Nice kill, by the way. The turbo'd 350Z's are no joke :2tu:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can strap a rocket to a ****, but in the end it's still just a piece of crap. I'll take the slowest Viper on the planet over the fastest ricer any day of the week.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know they are heavy. I want that Z06 again. I think I could take him with the new shifter but it would still be REALLY close. Thing was an animal. I had no idea 350's could get that kind of power. I wish the guy wasn't so emabarresed of the beating he got and would have looked over to talk! :2tu:

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can strap a rocket to a ****, but in the end it's still just a piece of crap. I'll take the slowest Viper on the planet over the fastest ricer any day of the week.

Rice-a-Roni the San Francisco treat! :usa:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I wish the guy wasn't so emabarresed of the beating he got and would have looked over to talk! "

LOL. That's the thing about that crowd, rice that is, if you beat them fair and square they can't eat humble pie. Mostly due to all the smack the brand X'ers talk about American muscle. Too bad you didn't get it on camera, would be nice to post it on Streetfire or somewhere.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could of got it on cameras too. This guys girl wouldnt look over either. I was going to tell him nice run. To be polite of course! :D

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROFLMAO, Well put!!! Too funny. Love your choice of words, Well said 96. :2tu:

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to play, then take it like a sport. If he had beat you, he would be talking all kind of smack. His girl probably cut hem off that night for the embarrassment. :buttkick:

Do you really think the shifter is going to make that big of a difference? Not being sarcastic or anything.I just don't know that I understand.

Dan

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good times, but its harder to predict out there now. You never know what the other guy has. Even if I get beat by a car I thought Id beat, Ill take it like a man. But I love races like yours, where the guy eggs you on, and then when you hand him his a$$, he wont even pull up next to you again or look over.

Ive seen some video's of 350 Z's spanking Vettes and Vipers. Like any car, dump enough money into it and you can be very fast. But then theres always the guys who think they have a few goodies under the hood ,so now they can go play with the Vipers.lol

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ive seen some video's of 350 Z's spanking Vettes and Vipers. Like any car, dump enough money into it and you can be very fast. But then theres always the guys who think they have a few goodies under the hood ,so now they can go play with the Vipers.lol

Yeah, I just raced one of those the other day...

G35 coupe (same as Z) but with serious mods, I took him pretty easy but definitely not stock (my bro had stock 350Z and I'd disappear on him).

Anyway, this dude wanted to race me from all speeds, like 20 times. I of course beat him all of them, and he'd keep trying. I felt like sticking my head out the window and screaming "Stop trying a$$h@le, I am faster!!"

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROFLMAQ!!!!!!!! DITTO!!!!!!!!! You sure have a poetic way with words!!!!! :2tu: :headbang: :D

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to play, then take it like a sport. If he had beat you, he would be talking all kind of smack. His girl probably cut hem off that night for the embarrassment. :buttkick:

Do you really think the shifter is going to make that big of a difference? Not being sarcastic or anything.I just don't know that I understand.

Dan

Suprisingly just changing the knob did make a big difference. I'm still going to put another type in but for now it's much better than the stock shifter. :usa:

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I just raced one of those the other day...

G35 coupe (same as Z) but with serious mods, I took him pretty easy but definitely not stock (my bro had stock 350Z and I'd disappear on him).

Anyway, this dude wanted to race me from all speeds, like 20 times. I of course beat him all of them, and he'd keep trying. I felt like sticking my head out the window and screaming "Stop trying a$$h@le, I am faster!!"

That's funny. The ricers are persistent! :2tu:

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I could of got it on cameras too. This guys girl wouldnt look over either. I was going to tell him nice run. To be polite of course!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a camera mount but the problem is it only looks ahead.
You probably need a rear mount..... :D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good kill...I own a 350z but I dont consider myself a ricer..I think the owner of the car you raced is a ricer not the car.....If that Z had twins it was probably putting down around 400-420rwhp. Would be a good match for a stock Viper...Not all import drivers are ricers man...Ive raced NSX's, Vipers, Porsches, etc and it was just for fun. I lose more than I win but I always gave the cars the thumbs up...Be careful when you run into a boosted 350z...they respond very well to boost...There are a few out there in the 500-700hp range with built motors..

As regards the "rocket to a ****" reference...Its the same thing Porsche and Ferrari owners say about the Viper...Its all relative ;)

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good kill...I own a 350z but I dont consider myself a ricer..I think the owner of the car you raced is a ricer not the car.....If that Z had twins it was probably putting down around 400-420rwhp. Would be a good match for a stock Viper...Not all import drivers are ricers man...Ive raced NSX's, Vipers, Porsches, etc and it was just for fun. I lose more than I win but I always gave the cars the thumbs up...Be careful when you run into a boosted 350z...they respond very well to boost...There are a few out there in the 500-700hp range with built motors..

As regards the "rocket to a ****" reference...Its the same thing Porsche and Ferrari owners say about the Viper...Its all relative ;)

It was the ricer fly by he gave me coming from 10 rows back that qualifies as rice. Then the fact he wouldnt look over. :D

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice kill, having been a former 350Z owner I can tell you those cars can be beasts...anyone remember the 700+hp one that killed me? (see streetfire for vid).

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Last May a highly modded 350Z won the 1 mile drag race at the Silver State. From a dead stop, that little Z reached 194 mph in the mile at 6500 feet elevation.

This guy flew over from Japan, car and 8 man crew, just to run in that event.

Unfortunately, he blew his engine later during the 90 mile event.

They can be very fast.

Dan

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well said. There are plenty of "ricers" out there that will make all but the most heavily modded Vipers look silly in a street race. I should know... I own both. Personally, I respect all performance cars and their owners, so long as they respect me.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
350Z's are VERY nice cars, I wouldn't consider them rice at all.

To me, a "ricer" is a mentality, not a type of car. I have seen some very nice Evo's driven by very respectable people, and seen some low class idiots driving Mustangs, Vettes, Vipers, even some exotics that are far more "ricer" than some of the guys driving import econo-boxes.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know they are heavy. I want that Z06 again. I think I could take him with the new shifter but it would still be REALLY close. Thing was an animal. I had no idea 350's could get that kind of power. I wish the guy wasn't so emabarresed of the beating he got and would have looked over to talk! :2tu:

I never noticed your sig before. So you're making 462rwhp? That's a nice setup you have there....probably the same way I'd build my car. I love bolt on mods (I have an intake and headers myself) and I LOVE the 3:55 gear. I bet your car is a blast to drive. It'd be a good run against a new Z, since you two would have very similar power. The Z is lighter, but you have more torque and smaller gears. Would definitely be a good run, I think you'd pull harder in between each shift than him, but he'd pull harder as the gears wound out.

Try to get it on video if you do it again!! :2tu: :nana:

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never noticed your sig before. So you're making 462rwhp? That's a nice setup you have there....probably the same way I'd build my car. I love bolt on mods (I have an intake and headers myself) and I LOVE the 3:55 gear. I bet your car is a blast to drive. It'd be a good run against a new Z, since you two would have very similar power. The Z is lighter, but you have more torque and smaller gears. Would definitely be a good run, I think you'd pull harder in between each shift than him, but he'd pull harder as the gears wound out.

Try to get it on video if you do it again!! :2tu: :nana:

The last race he didn't pull on me until the top of third because the thing revs so high. Like I said before none of them were very clean runs. Hoping to get some. All I know is you need to bring your A+ game to run the Z. The car feels outstanding with the 3:55's. One of the best mods you can do to a viper! :2tu:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about going 3:55 myself. You'd think the difference between the 3:42 and 3:55 wouldn't be that big, but it's MASSIVE. I had riden in my friends' Mustang Cobras with stock 3:55 gears, and they are NOTHING like my 3:42. Hell, the new Z's 3:42 aren't even like normal 3:42 gears lol

They actually act more like the Viper's 3:07 than a 3:55. 3:55 is the perfect street/sport gear, in my opinion. I also knew a guy locally who's gone through 2 SRT-10's, and the ONLY upgrade he did was 3:73's for his, and he loved them.

Anyway, I'd love to see some video of your car! :)

(too bad you don't live in Atlanta)