Refinish valve covers

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wiping my engine down the other day and my heart sank a little. I noticed on one of my valve covers the finish had chipped off. About the size of a dime. I also noticed on the same cover a air bubble, so I am sure I will soon have two spots.

So, does anyone know of someone who specializes in our covers to refinish to stock look?

I have powder coaters around here but if someone has the proceedure down I would be willing to pay a little extra for quality known good work.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Nothing unusual about finding some spots after many years. You can bring them all the way back and they will look even beter than new. There are some important points to refinishing them as skill is required not only for the best finish, but more importantly to keep your engine safe. I say this because the lesser skilled refinishers do not completely remove all cleaning agents (blast beads) and don't handle the removal and replacement of the internal sheilds properly. That can/will result in debris of the worst kind finding its way into your engine. You have some choices...paint or powder coat, both with very different techniques and costs, but many will argue the same great results, though different overall looks. If you are going powder coat, I have always found Performance by Joe's work to be remarkable. Simple web site...best to call. 314-781-3135.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
94rt/10 Send them to me and I can get them done in a bight red. The cost will be minimal and looking for a set I can do. We are going to be offering high end powdercoating jobs. I just got my Lamborghini covers and intake done. Came out great. I will post pictures, pluse I am close by you.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't be able to get that stock crinkle finish. I don't think there's a powder coater out there that can replicate that texture nor color.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny!!! I went through the same problem and never found the answer so I bought factory new covers. I even talked to Dodge direct and the engine builders and no help on the recoat krinkle finish. I tried for 3-4 months on internet to find out who could do the covers like stock, Red. NOW I see several guys say " Yeah no problem It can be done" BUT do we see any Web addresses OR? a number where we can get it done??? Lots of it can be done but where??? IF you are going to reply t can be done at LEAST give the details where!!! Otherwise it's a waste of time.

D

DAMN YANKEE

GTsSnake, why does your avatar look like an insurance adjusters polaroid???
RAYSIR, 2:53am....time for a coffee boost!

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny!!! I went through the same problem and never found the answer so I bought factory new covers. I even talked to Dodge direct and the engine builders and no help on the recoat krinkle finish. I tried for 3-4 months on internet to find out who could do the covers like stock, Red. NOW I see several guys say " Yeah no problem It can be done" BUT do we see any Web addresses OR? a number where we can get it done??? Lots of it can be done but where??? IF you are going to reply t can be done at LEAST give the details where!!! Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Good point... or at least post a picture of the finished product

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PBJ did my intake box, tubes and catch can in red crinkle powdercoat. It's just a tad deeper red than the valve covers but pretty darn close. Joe claims he can do just about any color or finish you want.

Someone else already posted but here it is again: Performance by Joe 314-781-3135

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4