Renaming my Snake "Limpy"....

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get my little '08 to go for more than 100 miles without limping out on me. I thought I was good this weekend when heading down to the Air Force Academy, but no luck.

This time I limped out going 60 at 2500RPM a few times while on the ride. I have gotten restarting the car after a 20 second coast with everything turned off while in traffic down to a science.

I'm hoping that this time I didn't end up with a ******** code like engine oil too cool or bumper fluid low. On the 4th limpout the CEL finally came on. I thought it odd that the car limped out with a flashing CEL, but after a restart the CEL went away and no codes were stored. On the 4th time though the CEL stayed on so I pulled over to get a readout on the code. It was P0300 which is multiple misfire somewhere. At least that would make sense on the limping out, although I wish it said what cylinder.

With 4 weeks to go to VOI I am hoping to get to the bottom of this sometime. The last trip to the dealer they replaced a bunch of wiring due to getting all the weird sensor codes. I have fingers crossed that the wiring was shorting something and jacking up the other sensors when there was actually some sort of misfire happening. That would sort of make sense. There is a misfire, car goes limp, there is a short somewhere and a sensor gets zapped, so the dealer fixed the sensor not the root cause or the short. With the short gone, new wiring, new sensors, new PCM, and new transmission :)eek: Don't get me started on why the stealership managed to need to get me a new one) maybe we can find the root cause. Fingers crossed. I hope they get it done this time.

PS: There is an upside to the new Tranny as I think I got an 2010 version instead of an 08 version. I'll have to see if there is a way to verify with part numbers. I noticed 5th gear this weekend actually had some get up and go, going 55 and up hill, where I used to want to be in 4th up through 75. I'll have to investigate this one.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
limpy hugh...weird..that the same name my wife gave me..figured you had a flat tire. But even worse pcm problems..Good luck

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried ******? :lmao: I'm sorry i couldn't resist with a thread title like that. :D

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear your problems with the new drivetrain. It seems that these sort of stories are becoming more common. Maybe a 06 coupe with a Paxton is a safer, more reliable bet at this point...would you agree with that?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MULTIPLE MISFIRE usually is injectors or maybe the loom plugging in the injectors,coils or something of sort----------check all your connectors-unplug--look and re-plug

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth