replacing air filter with a K&N or CAI K&N

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced their stock filter for a K&N (or other brand) or swapped the intake with the new CAI now being offered? (on a GEN 4)

What are your thoughts/feedback? The claimed hp seems to be kind of high, but I am thinking if one has the mopar PCM installed and has headers/full exhaust, maybe additional gains could be seen if the intake is swapped as well.

I have had a mopar pcm sitting on my shelf for too dang long and thinking about having it installed...and maybe installing either a filter or CAI at the same time.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im surprised no one has jumped in yet with the "do a search" bit. I did the K&N on my 09 and the fit is great. An ACR owner on here a few months ago claims a small dyno increase before and after. Jon Brobst is selling the CAI too.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced their stock filter for a K&N (or other brand) or swapped the intake with the new CAI now being offered?

What are your thoughts/feedback? The claimed hp seems to be kind of high, but I am thinking if one has the mopar PCM installed and has headers/full exhaust, maybe additional gains could be seen if the intake is swapped as well.

I have had a mopar pcm sitting on my shelf for too dang long and thinking about having it installed...and maybe installing either a filter or CAI at the same time.

Thanks!

When it comes to exhaust and air filters anything is better than stock...even if 'they' say the factory units are pretty good..(they probably are) but aftermarket hi-flo filters and exhaust are better.
Why....b/c the aftermarkets don't have to worry about emissions and sound restrictions. So even if the aftermarkets are only a little bit better..they are still that little bit better than stock.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the K&N CAI, for looks mainly, but in the next few weeks I plan on going back to the Dyno to see if it measures an increase, since that's the only perf change I did since the last Dyno.
You must be registered for see images attach

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '04 came with the K&N's, but other than that was stock. Put down 457 RWHP/484 RWTQ at last year's dyno day (Mustang Dyno - approx over 530 at the crank) Next closest was an '05 at 447 RWHP (was yellow though & green filters). I would have won the stock trophy if the '08 cheater hadn't shown up.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did install it also but haven't checked on a Dyno yet.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im surprised no one has jumped in yet with the "do a search" bit. I did the K&N on my 09 and the fit is great. An ACR owner on here a few months ago claims a small dyno increase before and after. Jon Brobst is selling the CAI too.

Did you install the filer or the CAI?

Most of the posts that I found was based on "I think this...I think that...", not from actual people that installed the actual pieces. That is why I wanted to get feedback from people like yourself, and on an actual Gen IV.

Thanks!