replacing fuel pump gen 1 , have the pump out have some questions

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got the pump out not as bad as i thought it would be , replacing the original bosch pump with a walbro 225. my question is do i leave off the origional round filter on the bottom and remove the bottom of the canister with the disc and rubber insulator that the fuel pump rest on and just install the walbro and walbro filter . thanks to all, my email is [email protected] . mrbob

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if you need them but I have some gen 2 injectors for sale which are a nice upgrade over the gen 1.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attempted to do this with my Gen 2 and found out you need to do some modifications to the bucket to make the Walbro fit. I just ended up putting a stock pump back in. I understand the Gen 1 pumps are pretty hard to find but I'd contact Scharfs to see if they have any.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Gen 1 is in the canister like the Gen 2, you will have a minor problem. The viper fuel pumps are the only pumps that also fill the canister. If the pump you are installing is a Walboro 255, it does not fill the bottle. The negative is that you can temporarily run out of gas on a long wot pull or under hard acceleration.

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if you need them but I have some gen 2 injectors for sale which are a nice upgrade over the gen 1.

not to jack this thread but what is the benefits of 2nd gen injectors over 1st gen injectors?

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
would i not have to get this changed in the ecu as well though to see any real benefits?