Replacing the window regulator...'How to'?

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm finally ready to tackle the replacement but I can't find a good write up of how to actually replace one...just a bunch of threads about us all complaining about them..LOL

Anyone know of a previous thread that actually has a 'how to' that I may have missed? If not...well.....HELP!!!

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm finally ready to tackle the replacement but I can't find a good write up of how to actually replace one...just a bunch of threads about us all complaining about them..LOL

Anyone know of a previous thread that actually has a 'how to' that I may have missed? If not...well.....HELP!!!

I hope you're ready for a good time! I replaced both of mine a few months ago and I had a hell of a time getting them in the door. What questions do you have? The hardest part by far is getting the regulator in the door. I ended up taking the motor off and just when you think you've flexed the tubing too much, the rails slide right in. Talk about nerve-racking!

lpjr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent Kevan a note a while back about posting a "DIY" on this very issue. He has done it on several repairs and modifications and posted it before. Since the "new and improved" window regulators will hopefully be coming out soon maybe he will get one and post a DIY. He is the best at it that i have seen on step by step instructions with pictures.
larry

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am doing the that exact thing right now. I just bought a 2003, passenger window will not roll up. I took the door panel off. The clips are a bear too unhook with out damaging the top trim strip. Be careful not to bend the trim. Pull the front clip and unbolt the torx bolts at rear of window and window can be lifted.

OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm good at getting the door panels off having just replaced my old ones with 'upgraded' 2010 panels. It is everything after that point I'm concerned about. Just didn't know if anyone had an easy step by step write up that I may have missed in the numerous threads we have on here.
Thanks dcvickers..any other pointers you can throw my way?
Gutter, since it sounds like you're in the middle of this yourself please pass along your observations when you have time.

Thanks

Scott

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I finished the install of the regulator and door panel. Regulator is like a "Z" and can flex to some point too place inside door frame. Once regulator is in, install washers and nuts, plug up. Raise window, slide glass down and install one torx and lower glass with switch. Dip torx bit in grease and bolt will not fall off. Lower window with switch and pull window towards you and slide clip to secure window. Reverse install and check bolts, easy. It was harder removing then installing because I did not want to break anything. The pic of the regulator shows the broken plastic casing.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, well that doesn't sound all that difficult. Conflicts kept me from doing it this weekend but next weekend appears to be alllllll mine!

Thanks Gutter!

OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, well that doesn't sound all that difficult. Conflicts kept me from doing it this weekend but next weekend appears to be alllllll mine!

Thanks Gutter!

Thanks for help guys...did the passenger side in just under 2 hours this afternoon. Not that difficult really if you just take your time.