Rim scratches

V10POWER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10. A couple of the rims look like they were curbed. When I bought the car, it didn't bother me too much, but it's getting on my nerves. Is it possible to remove/repair the damage on the rims? I live in NW Jersey, and do not know of anyone in this area that can do this. I've heard of other shops that can do this type of work, but am looking for a reliable source. Thanks for any help.

Charlie.

:usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Take a look at the back of Autoweek Mag. They have quite of few in there.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Gerald on Wheel Collision Center.

I have had work done by them as well as friends and it always has been first class workmanship.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost forgot this.

Last time I was there they had a stunning blonde working at the counter. Just about left me speechless, and that's not easy to do around women.

I think I will be taking a trip there in the next week or so. I do have an O.Z. wheel that needs to have some little scratches repaired on the lip.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone repaired minor curb rash themselves at home?

If so, best method?

Thanks

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my car (the scratches were on the lip only) I used 120 grit sandpaper, then 240, etc - just enough to get most of the scratches out. You cannot tell which wheel it was on anymore. It would eat through the clear doing this, but I have not seen any obvious oxidation or discoloring.

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a Sears contour sander (the one that looks like a Norelco Triple header) and the disc kit that comes with it. Use the 600 grit disc and work up to the highest 1200? Lots of patience!!!

OP
OP
V

V10POWER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely talk to these places and ship 'em out to one of them. After this Winter, I can't wait to get back in the car. Every day, when I pull my 4 cylinder piece of crap into the garage (commuting car), I look at my sleeping Viper. The withdrawals are getting bad, but I'm not going anywhere until the salt is off the roads.

Reaction score
I won't tell you, then, that I just had mine out for a quick spin.....:)

Good luck with the rims! It would be great if you have the time to post some "before" and "after" pics so we can see how it turns out. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave