Road Atlanta 8/26-8/26. Who's in?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chin Motorsports is back at RA in a few weeks. Anybody want to come run?
Now that I have run with them, I can say first-hand that they are great to run with. A lot less cars on the track and 90% of the cars out there are pretty fast cars (tons of 911T, GT3, etc), so the traffic moves really well. The green group does get a little traffic because you can still only pass in the straights, but the blue group is great (pass anywhere with a point) (red is the same), and they are really good about seeing you coming and getting you by quickly.
I know there is wait list for beginners with instructors for this upcoming event, but if you have track experience (especially at RA), Mark (the GM) is great to talk to and will more than likely let you sign up as solo in the green group. Then you just do a check-out ride with one of their master instructors to move up. It's about $150 more for the weekend than NASA, but you get SO much more track time. I was actually worn out by the last "happy hour" session of each day and only ran for about 35 minutes of the hour session.

If you're on the fence, shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call about it. It would be nice to see more Vipers out there this time. :)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to try Chin MS, I'm in Montana fishing that weekend but keep me posted on the next Chin deal you're attending and I'll try to make it. Tiring of NASA....last weekend they had 22 cars in DE1, 11 in DE2, and they combined the 3/4 sessions all weekend......3/4 had 58 cars! So we saw 11 mopes on the track for a DE2 session, and followed them with ridiculous mayhem with a 58 car mixed group. Sheesh.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I saw your posts on the NASA forums. The longer sessions, faster traffic, and less people with Chin is awesome. I really can't see myself running with NASA again unless Chin starts cutting back on dates.
They have another weekend at the end of Sept, but it's at the same time as VOI. I'm planning on going to the one around Thanksgiving though.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've considered going again but last time both Paxton fwel pumps were down causing me to be at stock power and extremely f****** lean. No one can believe I didn't blow the motor. Thankfully I never shifted above 5,000 and kept it in 4th both of which probably saved may ass. I guess my hesitation would be running a supercharged car on that track or any track and trying to control it with boost kicking in. Any SC or turbo cars running with you. I'd like to hear their thoughts.

Is Chin more expensive than NASA? I thought I read where they were as well as having to pay for an instructor.

Did you get your car fixed?

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's tons of turbo/supercharged cars running. They all come that way from the factory though. Hopefully some of the other track guys will chime in about running a blown car.

Chin is more expensive NASA. It's $550 for the weekend vs $400, but you get over 3 hours or track time each day instead of 1 hour and 20 minutes. If you use an instructor you do have to pay extra. The cost payed to run for the weekend is only a small part of it though. By the time you add in hotel, fuel to tow the car there, food, etc, that little bit of extra money for actual track time is more than worth it for double the time actually on the track.

And yes, the car is officially back together. :) Pics are in my other thread.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have said supercharged Vipers. On a straight road it gets loose under boost. I would think keeping under control while coming out of a curve would be a challange.

Glad the wreck was a minor one.

$300 is $300 but the track time would be worth it. I didn't realize it was double.

There's tons of turbo/supercharged cars running. They all come that way from the factory though. Hopefully some of the other track guys will chime in about running a blown car.

Chin is more expensive NASA. It's $550 for the weekend vs $400, but you get over 3 hours or track time each day instead of 1 hour and 20 minutes. If you use an instructor you do have to pay extra. The cost payed to run for the weekend is only a small part of it though. By the time you add in hotel, fuel to tow the car there, food, etc, that little bit of extra money for actual track time is more than worth it for double the time actually on the track.

And yes, the car is officially back together. :) Pics are in my other thread.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed there's no one else going this weekend. I know a lot of guys came to NARRA, and saw a few at NASA also, but nobody seems to come to Chin.
As much as I loved NARRA and their operation, the track time and generally smaller groups makes the driving even better than NARRA and MILES ahead of NASA. Some of you GA track guys need to make it out to one of their weekends sometime.