Road Atlanta and Scott's Hood

schorvitz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Road Atlanta and Scott\'s Hood

I took my '96 'Macedo' Viper on the track Sunday and MAN is it awesome! Still having lots of trouble with my GTS-R clutch pedal assembly, but think I have finally 'tuned' it so it's working.

The most remarkable thing I noticed on the track is most likely attributable to Scott's VipersByElite hood:

You must be registered for see images attach

On previous track events my car would get up to 225 degrees. Sunday, the car was running 170-190 degrees ALL DAY. It would only get up to 190 when I slowed down on the checkered flag lap. There are other mods on the car that help cooling like Sean Roe's front facia mod, a fluidyne radiator, Sean's radiator hoses, upgraded fan, and all the engine mods Larry Macedo performed to improve engine efficiency.

Many of the mods (all but the engine mods by Macedo) were on the car before and therefore I can attribute the AMAZING heat reduction to the hood! NICE HOOD SCOTT!

As for the car in general, Larry Macedo did an AMAZING job building out my car. The laundry list to date:

List of Mods!

The only dissapointment so far is the GTS-R clutch and brake pedal assembly that I had installed. It's manufactured by the Oreca racing team and Tilton. I think I just need to get used to the fact that it's a racing assembly and that I will have to fine-tune it to get it just right. The only problem is that it's causing some gear grinding in a BRAND NEW transmission that I bought from Rockland Standard Gear :)

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again... Larry Macedo does EXCELLENT work. If you have your heart set on modifying your Viper and want it done right and by a guy who cares about his work then don't hesitiate to add Larry to your list of candidates.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Road Atlanta and Scott\'s Hood

Very nice. Scott did the mistake of sending me pictures of my car test fitted with that hood (even the right color) if it wasnt so expensive I would be all over it.

Thats my only problem with these cars. They run so hot.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Road Atlanta and Scott\'s Hood

Keith, the other problem, they are all in Florida right now and not here in Ohio. Soon, very soon.