Rockville fatality in Viper

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pablo Alejandro Fontana. 31 years old. ( Pretty cold up there at the time of the accident.) Initial report by local paper included statement that he was ejected from the car. But it was not included in the police news release. Our prayers go out to his loved ones.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, it was snowing that time last night! It wasn't sticking, but enough to be troublesome in a Viper!

Not sure I ever met the man, but terrible news right before Christmas :(

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a shame, prayers to the family.

It was 60 degrees just the other day, cold snap this weekend, in fact my son asked to take the truck that night rather than the mustang, temp hit 30's and yea, heavy flurries/light snow. Can't imagine the viper out in that temp & weather

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I immediately thought about all of my old friends in MD:(

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad news for his friends and family. Terrible to have such an accident happen, it's such a quick event.

I was at a holiday part that night and people I don't regularly see were asking to look at the car. They were surprised I chose not to drive it and even more confused when I said it was too cold for it to come out. I guess we can't stress enough that driving these cars in freezing temperatures deserves extra caution.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>> I guess we can't stress enough that driving these cars in freezing temperatures deserves extra caution. <<<
Don't you think that it is common sense not to drive any high end power sports car in winter? If not, Darwin wins again!

R.I.P. Driver.

P.S.: original run craps from 2004?

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP. :(

It's been pretty cold the last couple nights. I can't imagine driving a viper in that sort of weather.

cposk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been dailying mine for the last couple weeks. I just keep to the speed limit, leave plenty of space, and stay off the gas peddle as much as possible. I have to bum a ride to work if it is raining/snowing though.
Now if I can just get my new high mileage E46 328i to pass MD inspection so I don't end up like this guy. (New steering rack tonight)

RIP to the driver...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been dailying mine for the last couple weeks. I just keep to the speed limit, leave plenty of space, and stay off the gas peddle as much as possible. I have to bum a ride to work if it is raining/snowing though.
Now if I can just get my new high mileage E46 328i to pass MD inspection so I don't end up like this guy. (New steering rack tonight)

RIP to the driver...

The E46 is a real snowmobile too:lmao:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very unfortunate - I just took mine out with the 6 yr old runcraps in freezing weather but dry just to keep it from sitting too long. I drove very carefully (real smooth and no go pedal joy) in very light traffic and it worked out OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets