roe racing bigger s/c

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh no, not you too......lol, did that car scare ya and you dont wanna be fast anymore :)

ellowviper is in the middle of his conversion and jasontiff did the 2.8 conversion too

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One could say I beat Sean to the punch line on this. He and I discussed the possibility of putting the 2.8 on his manifold over a year ago. He wasn't quite ready to devleop his updated kit just then and encouraged me to give it a try. I think I have a pictorial thread on here somewhere regarding the swap. At the time, Sean wanted to revise the manifold, update tuning options, etc. I guess he's there now. I discussed an SCT tune with him yesterday to get out from under the limitations of the VEC. He's ready to do that as well at this time on his GEN-II boosted applications. As far as doing the swap/upgrade, no big deal other than getting the right spyder gear connector for the hub drive (need the 03/04 Cobra gear). Recommend the DEKA #60 injectors too vs. the Bosch Green tops. Great blower. My car always seems to be in some sort of state of modification so getting it to a dyno is always on my "things to do" list. Again I appologize to all for not getting some numbers out on the 2.8.

OP
OP
V

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh no, not you too......lol, did that car scare ya and you dont wanna be fast anymore :)

ellowviper is in the middle of his conversion and jasontiff did the 2.8 conversion too

no plum lol one of the guys with a roe was telling me people were swapping out the blowers and adding bigger ones... i was wondering how anyone has made out p.s. i used to race street bikes all over the U.S. 180 on a croch rocket no car scares mee

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the smallest pulley available (2.5 in) I get a solid 13 PSI of boost. I suppose a bigger crank pulley could spin it faster, but belt durability comes into question. I'm getting alot of belt dust with the 2.8 on the small pulley plus I think the belt tension is wearing my PS pump shaft/bearing/seal a bit quicker too. Seems to be oozing a bit. Keeping an eye on things like that with the swap. I did check into a 10 rib pulley set-up. I can get one fabricated which did surprise me...and even in underdrive sizes.

OP
OP
V

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the smallest pulley available (2.5 in) I get a solid 13 PSI of boost. I suppose a bigger crank pulley could spin it faster, but belt durability comes into question. I'm getting alot of belt dust with the 2.8 on the small pulley plus I think the belt tension is wearing my PS pump shaft/bearing/seal a bit quicker too. Seems to be oozing a bit. Keeping an eye on things like that with the swap. I did check into a 10 rib pulley set-up. I can get one fabricated which did surprise me...and even in underdrive sizes.

have u got it tuned and how much more power did u make, also was it worth it ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4