Roe Supercharger Spark Plug selection

Greg B

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GTS, Roe Supercharger with 5lb pulley, I had the stock Champion RC12LYC
Plugs and was getting major detonation, someone recommended NGK BKR6E plugs which seemed to help a little, I called Dave at Roe Racing he recommended Bosch Super 7527,
The guy at the local tuner shop recommended Bosch Platinum iridium 4508, or NGK iridium in a 7 or 8 heat range- BKR7EIX-11 Are the iridium plugs worth the extra money? Do they perform ant better?
Any suggestions?:confused:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you're using the right program in the VEC? I run 93 Octane and the appropriate card with the stock plugs and no detonation. Any chance you are dumping a lot of oil in your air box? That reportedly will lower the octane of the fuel mixture.

D

DAMN YANKEE

PBV is right....time to have a peek at your logs. What do the plugs look like? Car specs? Vec model?

Do you have wideband? Do you know how to log a pull?

Please get a clean 3rd gear pull from 1,500 - 4,000 (no higher) and see what is going on. PM me for an email address if you want to forward it on for help.

For a 5lb Roe, driven on the street and not spending the whole day street racing at 5000 rpm, stock Champions are perfect. IMO, this is not a spark plug issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh