Roe Tuning Question

mnviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently installed a DW lower pulley along with the 10# upper pulley on my Gen II. I took the car out for some logging runs today and noticed more fluctuation than I had expected in boost. Note the sharp 3# drop in the image below. Is this indicative of belt slippage?

You must be registered for see images attach

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be my guess since you are only at 4500 RPM. Mine slipped like crazy (audible noise...screech) until I put the right belt on. I had to swap out many a belt and changed idler pulley sizes before I got it right. I believe I'm running the xxxx976 Napa belt with the smaller ROE idler pulley. Question: Could you put your belt on with the DW lower pulley on the harmonic balancer? I can't and have to put the belt on with the pulley since there is not enough clearance btwn the pulley and the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: Could you put your belt on with the DW lower pulley on the harmonic balancer? I can't and have to put the belt on with the pulley since there is not enough clearance btwn the pulley and the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump.

I never had any issue getting the belts on with the DW pulley already in place....that was with both the stock and after market balancers.

Not a clearance issue but there were times depending on pulleys and belts etc that I would have to loosen one bolt and remove the other from the alternator to get the belt on.

DW lower pulley and 10lb upper = not good in any kind of heat even with w/m.