Roll bar removal Gen3 convertible

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order to match some interior mods I've done, I purchased some roll bar hoops that have red stitching. Unfortunately, there were no directions with the new hoops.

I've just about exhausted all my research and still cannot find how to remove the stock roll bar "hoops" in a Gen 3 Convertible. I searched here an on other Viper websites and scoured the internet. I've checked my Viper service manuals and could not find anything there either.

Has anyone taken out their roll bars and can offer some guidance? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Slide and tilt seats forward. Pry open access cover with Viper logo on it (carefully as the tabs can break easily). Access 2 bolts about 11/12mm bolt head size using a combination of extensions universals. These bolts are fairly long. After removing the bolts, the roll hoop will pull right out.

Good luck.

OP
OP
B

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you - removing them was just as you posted. :2tu:

Slide and tilt seats forward. Pry open access cover with Viper logo on it (carefully as the tabs can break easily). Access 2 bolts about 11/12mm bolt head size using a combination of extensions universals. These bolts are fairly long. After removing the bolts, the roll hoop will pull right out.

Good luck.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pick them up on eBay? Saw them on there and they looked pretty nice. I bought a steering wheel from the same guy.