RollBar

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I am soon goin to be needing a rollbar for my RT10.

i am now concerned about the available rollbars and their capability to deliver as promised

what seems to be a point of debate are three things

-fit under hard/soft top properly?
-no interference with seat travel?
-install properly without "jerryrigging"?

anyone with a rollbar in a genII RT10 offer up an opinion

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
If you don't have a 2" seat lowering kit you shouldn't have any problems (modifications) with any of the rollbars. I have the autoform in mine and it is pretty much a direct fit, but plan on a half day to install properly. I chose autoform because they provided a center console so I didn't have to modify my stock one, it is precut to accomodate where the bars mount in the car.

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the 1" lowering kit and the Autoform bar, no issues, other than the seat will not go all the way back which you have already seen posted. If you want a measurement on the seat position let me know. Also as I stated in my other posting, once you know the few tricks for the Autoform bar things go pretty fast. It fits and lines up as promised. No problem with either the hard or soft top.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 1" lowering kit and the autofirm rollbar.

With the RT/10, it took 3.5 hrs to install the bar myself w/o instructions. And that included shop-vac time. RT/10's are easy b/c you just lift the bar in over the top...

I have pics if you need to see them (of the finished product).

JD

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich , Let me know what one decide to go with..I'm leaning towards the BTR rollbar.

I've already got the set lowering kit installed.

Jeff

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with your race sanctioning body before buying. Most require the main hoop to be a continuous piece (BTR is, Autoform isn't).

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
I've got the autoform bar and it did require a little thinking to install properly. However, no interference with hardtop or seat movement. The bar touches the seats, but, not enough to move. Supplied directions are CRAP. Supplied rivnuts are CRAP. Other than that, it's all good!

DN

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jrkermode is right. I called NHRA, and the Autoform bar does NOT comply with NHRA rules even with the side bar. I was told the BTR bar looks better, but they couldn't tell if the 2 middle bars were angled towards the back at least 30 degrees.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
V10MOJO,

Make sure which ever bar you go with that it does not interfere with the emergency releases on the doors. I have seen a lot of bars that block these, and if you ever need to use it, I am sure you won't, you may not have battery power and may not be able to exit the car. Food for thought.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autoform bar is tight on the emergency release of the doors. But it is fine on my car. I need it b/c my remote often dies and I need to "break" into the car in my work parking lot...

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth