Roller Rockers...?

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question... I'm looking for opinions on upgrading Roller Rockers to Harland Sharp or T&D...
If memory serves me correctly pushrods need to be done at the same time?
HP Gain? Benefits? Pro's & Con's?
Any advice appreciated

Thanks in advance :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been doing a bit of reading up online, looks like 30hp could be possible with these?

Are they reasonably easy to install?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&D here and no problems. pretty easy to install. just need a pushrod length checker

R

RTED

I have the Harland Sharp and no issues / no regrets. Purchased from Roe Racing along with the correct Heavy Duty push rods. The idle is lumpier (nice) and the engine seemed to rev faster. 30 HP might be a push, 15 - 20 is more realistic.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also have the HS on my supercharged 01 GTS. Love them...no problems. Also purchased from Roe Racing. Installed myself but had The Wizard fine tune.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Harland Sharp and no issues / no regrets. Purchased from Roe Racing along with the correct Heavy Duty push rods. The idle is lumpier (nice) and the engine seemed to rev faster. 96 GTS. CALL CHUCK TATOR. A DEFINITE DIFFERENCE .

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1999 rt10..

With....

smooth tubes
no cats
kn fitters.....428 rwhp sae

on the same dyno after adding Harland Sharp roller rockers the car dynoed 440 rwhp SAE..

12 rwhp gain and you can expect 10-15 rwhp

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, looks like Baz has the right tools for the job over here, so looking like a thumbs up on this one.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1999 rt10..

With....

smooth tubes
no cats
kn fitters.....428 rwhp sae

on the same dyno after adding Harland Sharp roller rockers the car dynoed 440 rwhp SAE..

12 rwhp gain and you can expect 10-15 rwhp

what's the stock rr ratio of a gen 2? i have a gen 1 i am planning to put a set on in the spring. i am wondering if the gen 1 and gen 2 ratio's are the same?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 is pushing it, especially with no other mods like cam, heads, etc. maybe 15 like some have said. Ive had t and Ds on two of my gts's with no problem. If your staying stock or close to it, save the money and go harland. anything above 550rwhp id do t and D. Jesels are a stretch at 2k but I had those also and they were very nice.

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, the car already has some mods, mainly exhaust related, (and a few on the way), but the HP will still be below 550 so Harland Sharps definitely seem to be the way forward for the money.

Roe Racing appear to stock them, along with the replacement pushrods, so will probably look into going with that pretty soon.

Thanks again!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put H/S on mine a few months ago. My car does sound a little more "cammy" at idle but don't really feel any power gains because they are probably small. However I do need to get my car re-tuned with my SCT Tuner because it is surging now and I assume it is from the A/F being off from my previous tune.

Another cool thing is when I start my car now, on a cold start, it sounds like a crazy beast yelling at first till it mellows out. Scares me sometimes when I start it because it's loud, lol!

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed T&D's on my 95 3 years ago and doing fine. It did make the idle lumpier. Sounds great. As far as power stock it dynoed 385hp. With the T&D rockers and Belanger headers it dynoed 420.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed some HS along with new beehive springs and lighter retainers. I used 3/8" .120" wall T&D pushrods with them. I also did 70mm TBs at the same time. Definitely has more power but haven't dyno'd it yet. I'm hoping for about 30RWHP with the combo.

I think the HS are fine for many applications. I would be more concerned about long-term high RPM racing or if I was running an aggressive cam with a lot of spring pressure more than a HP number when weighing the benefit of a more expensive shaft RR like the T&D. If I went up from a HS, I think I'd jump to the Jesel since it has proper geometry and clears the valve covers unlike the T&D.

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, am I right that the Harland Sharps will fit directly under the valve covers without any issues, whereas the T&D's need the valve covers raised with a thicker gasket?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T&Ds do hit on some cars, but not others. You won't know until you install them and listen for them hitting the oil baffle. If you do a search you'll find a lot of threads about that topic. If they hit you need to modify the oil baffle in the valve cover or use a thicker gasket if that is an option. Not a big deal to work around if you want the T&D.

The HS do not have any clearance issues.

You typically need to measure for new pushrods with a roller rocker. The stockers won't be the right length and they are pretty wimpy. I bought mine from Roe and they were certain that 7.5" would work with the HS, so I ordered them along with the roller rockers and when I did check the length with a pushrod length checker, the 7.5" was in fact the correct length for my car.

VENOMIS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
02 with T&D 1.7 rockers, Belanger Headers, High flow cats, 3" Exhaust, 708 Cam, Aluminum flywheel, Tubes, Filters, and Tune. 461 RWHP on a 100 deg. day. All self installed, except tune. Also just passsed CA emissions :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456