Rotary Revolution Lift Ramps, extended?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my Rotary Revolution Lift installed and the provided ramps aren't long enough, my ACR can't make it up without touching a bit.... anyone have this lift with the extended ramps, and does the Viper clear them?

thanks!

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might just want to use a 2x10 x 36" under the first 3" of the 2 ramps...thats what it do on mine. ;)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post some pics of your setup if you get a chance...

I just had my Rotary Revolution Lift installed and the provided ramps aren't long enough, my ACR can't make it up without touching a bit.... anyone have this lift with the extended ramps, and does the Viper clear them?

thanks!

OppositeLock

VCA Member
Reaction score
Although not exactly the same, I have the extended 44" aluminum ramps with my Rev lift and my '09 roadster will just clear with just over 1/4" to spare. To be safe, I place a 18"x24", 1"-thick rubber horse mat length-wise under first 2-3" of the leading edge of each ramp (similar idea to vpower's) to drive up on initially before the tires hit the ramps. Going slow it now clears comfortably.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the steel ramps that come with it and never had a problem with any of 3 Vipers clearing it. I just changed to the longer aluminum mostly because of weight--they are really expensive.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that stinks, my lowered GTS goes on my Revolution lift no sweat at all.

I had the steel ramps that come with it and never had a problem with any of 3 Vipers clearing it. I just changed to the longer aluminum mostly because of weight--they are really expensive.

How much lighter are the aluminum ones? I still have the steel ones myself.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics, I had the garage door converted to a high lift door, new tracks, springs and a side mount opener. Garage ceiling is 10'6", I can raiser the Viper up one more notch....

the aluminum ramps are pricey...

Attachments

• garage-lift-wide.jpg
    garage-lift-wide.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 128
  • garage-lift-opener.jpg
    garage-lift-opener.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 104
G

Gotvenom 08

I extended my ramps about 9 inches.That is from the end of the original ramp end to the end of the extension.The over all length of the plate is 12".I over layed it a bit for added strength.

As you can see it is welded on the top of the ramp.Added a 1 inch piece at the end of the long gussets on the bottom side.Then added a 1/2 piece at the end of the ramp.The pics show what I am talking about.I just didn't want to mess around with having to put wood under the ramp.Put some tape on the cross pieces so it doesn't scratch the epoxy flooring.

The added plates do add some weight but over all it works out nicely.I also looked into the aluminum extended ramps.The price they were asking was out of this world.:omg:

Hope this helps.
You must be registered for see images attach

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FikseGTS,

I have the Direct Lift copy of the Revolution and my car won't go up the stock length steel ramps either. A couple of strips of plywood is all that's needed to get her up.

The biggest problem with any ramp is that they stick out and hang down a little when the car is up in the air. It's a pain to remove the ramps every time you put the car on, take it off, etc. (now that I have a lift, I'm using it way more than expected for detailing, etc....not just for storage as I first thought). I'm just waiting for me or someone to smack their head into the corner of these damn things.

Also, if I leave the ramps attached, I can't park my H1 under the Viper since the ramps hang down a little and hit the truck, even when all the way up at the 81" runway height.

The Raceramps looks like the best solution. If I see the pic correctly, it instantly lays on the runway and can quickly be removed. Best of all is the 12 lbs it weighs. I'm going to give this a look tomorrow on their website. The steel ramps are damn heavy!! If the aluminum version had a quick way to attach, I'd consider them but I'm guessing they use a long pin like the steel versions I have.

Cheers,
George

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't leave the ramps attached.... I was going to look for a thinner set of pins to hold them on, since they ones that come with the lift are hard to get in....

I ended up getting a couple of pieces of wood cut at home depot to put under the ramps, they are 12x2x32.....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the contrary the exact size is probably 11 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 32. :)

I can't leave the ramps attached.... I was going to look for a thinner set of pins to hold them on, since they ones that come with the lift are hard to get in....

I ended up getting a couple of pieces of wood cut at home depot to put under the ramps, they are 12x2x32.....

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you change to aluminum, you won't have the rust on the floor like you have from the rotary ones....good luck...

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at an RFP9 Rotary revolution 4 post 9000 lb lift that list for $3K on the Rotary website. If there is this much problem getting extra ramps to get the car on the lift, I want to look elsewhere for another mfgr. A friend of mine drove his C6 Vette straight on his lift with no problem. I better find out what brand lift he has. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I buy .

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar488,

I really don't think you'll find any other lift for the money that is built as heavy duty, is as wide and has the under runway clearance that the RFP9 lift has. The ramp issue may be because the Rotary has thicker runways (I'm just guessing) so the angle is a little steeper. Also a stock Vette may have a better approach angle. I would not make my purchase decision on the actual ramp....like I said in an earlier post, not matter what the ramp I'd have to remove it so I don't bonk my head (they hang down a little) and can park SUV under the Viper easily.

So far my lift has been used way more than I expected, should have bought one years ago. I'm going to look at the Raceramp option so I don't even have to deal with steel or aluminum ramps....which would have to be removed every time I put a car on my lift for my situation.

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62