Rotor Temps at the Track?

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just returned from a great track event this weekend at a new track, Eagles Canyon Raceway in TX. We had great time!! 1 Gen II, 3 Gen III's, and 1 Gen IV.

After returning from a session my front rotors were approximately 345 degrees and my back rotors were 475 degrees. Is this normal? I would have thought the fronts would have been hotter ar at least the same? My buddy's '06 was also reading the same, but the '03 and the '08 were reading approximately 450 at all four corners? Both the '03 and '08 were running stock wheels and brakes. On the two '06's we are both running Forgeline ZX3R's with Hoosier VRL slicks. 335 rears and 305 fronts. Those with track experience, what are your thoughts??

Thanks,

Sterling

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After returning from a session my front rotors were approximately 345 degrees and my back rotors were 475 degrees. Is this normal? I would have thought the fronts would have been hotter ar at least the same? My buddy's '06 was also reading the same, but the '03 and the '08 were reading approximately 450 at all four corners? Both the '03 and '08 were running stock wheels and brakes. On the two '06's we are both running Forgeline ZX3R's with Hoosier VRL slicks. 335 rears and 305 fronts. Those with track experience, what are your thoughts?? Sterling

If the SAME DRIVER was driving the same car with the SAME PADS in the same way, the temps would be within 100f. Pads matter. Technique matters.

COOL DOWN LAP TECHNIQUE matters and varies: I challenge myself to NEVER touch my brake pedal on a cool-down lap, using gears or the tires to scrub off speed. My paddock temps will be lower than most.

Front brakes get more air to them than back brakes...so they can cool faster, but they do OPERATE a lot hotter. On-track temps can exceed 1100f. Take temps when you come in on a HOT LAP ! Many hand-held cheaper pyros dont go as high as brake temps.

IT IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456