RT/10 - The Great Outdoors

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my '01 Sapphire blue about a month now and my biggest considerations have been where, and how to store my numerous choices of tops and covers.

Hard top is stowed (wall mounted form) in my garage at home and doesn't get much use anymore. The soft top has been permanently removed from the trunk (and permantantly assembled) and resides at work (1 3/4 miles away) This also gets little to no use. The tonneau has permanently been removed from the trunk and serves zero purpose. The star is ofcourse the cockpit cover. (I take it to work everyday, throw it on and it works like a charm, even when it rains. - I'm ******* all the time now! (except when I wash it)

I've never been as aware of the weather as I am now. Is it the same way for you? I'm always checking if/when it's going to rain. In South Florida it's a real crap shoot. You can almost bank on Summertime afternoon short downpours. Don't know about you but I've found myself memorizing where all the local gas stations are. I want to know where the closest one is incase I have to dart for cover.

I've never had this much fun with a car. The summer nights and the A1A cruises. The cool early morning ride to work with the purpousful detour to lengtheen the ride. The looks, the comments, THE GIRLS, the smiles and thumbs up.

If you're reading this post, don't own a Viper already, and are on the fence about whether to get that 'Vette, Porsche, NSX or RT/10..........the DODGE VIPER RT/10 IS THE RIDE! Don't expect alot of creature comforts but if you're lookin' for more fun than you've EVER had in a car......the Viper is for you.

You must be registered for see images

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main reason I got rid of my NSX is because the top did not come off. I live in Tierra Verde Florida and it has been great to be able to cruise the beaches with the top out. I just wish someone would come up with an easier soft top to use.
PS
Once I drove a Viper, the raw power alone let me know that the NSX trade in was a good move, removable top or not!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more!! the R/T 10 is the way to go...
I dont have a cockpit cover.. maybe i should get one?
Usually I don't leave the car a lone that long. Wish I could drive her to work but no where safe to park..... I have gotten caught in the rain once... just threw the soft top on as quickly as i could.. no big deal....
love my R/T!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper