Running an eiskhana??

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local Porsche club is running an AutoX on a frozen lake this weekend here in the Rocky Mountains. If the roads could clear up by the 22nd, I was almost thinking of heading up there with the Viper. Just the pictures of the car on the ice alone would be worth the trip.

I have brand new Invo's on it, but I have this feeling that once the car in on the lake, that I'll need a dozen people to push me back onto the road. Maybe I'm not giving the tires enough credit. Also, not being able to start out in 2nd or 3rd could be a problem with all that torque, maybe I just actually use the skip shift and start in 1st and almost immediately go to 4th?

Maybe I'm just a nut and haven't thought this through all the way?? :dunno:

Maybe I need some sense knocked into me ? :hit:

Either way, I am considering doing it if the temps jump up to 50 like they say they might.

You must be registered for see images

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Would surely make for a good photo op!!! Oh, and wear a Coast Guard approved flotation device.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you will absolutely go nowhere.....r u kidding? .lol That really doesnt even sound fun, u would be better taking any other car out there and have a good time. What u want to c ur speedo go to 220 in 5 seconds....lol

OP
OP
T

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I hadn't thought of that!! I always wanted a picture of my Speed-o at like 180+ but am not THAT nutty to try it myself. Anything over 140 and I can't take my eyes off the road to see how fast I'm going. On the ice I'd be going nowhere, FAST!

I was thinking of bringing a couple of boards with nails just in case I did just get stuck I could use them to drive back off of the ice with.

In all likelihood it will be too snowy to even be able to drive to the lake. It was just the thought of the bright red viper out there on the ice that made the story unique.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be all over that!! My favorite thing to do when I go to Minnesota is take my brother-in-laws truck on the ice. As long as there is snow on the ice you will get some traction just be really easy on the throttle if you actually want to move.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a great photo op...

Call the Porsche club, talk to them about attending the event. I bet they have seen it all :omg: and can help with some tips...

Or they'll just tell you to keep your A** home :lmao:

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could always bring a set of tire chains just in case you need some extra traction. Can't wait to see the video and pics. :)