SAD !

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the very first Black SRTs is already for sale on EBAY!
Seller is from IL. So I would guess this is one of the ROANOKE
SRTs already delivered?

It just ***** that while the rest of us sit here and wait for a VIN the very first cars being delivered are already being resold!

Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen.

2Charmed

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not sad, bud...that's capitalism. It will be interesting to see what level of enthusiasm the Ebay car generates. The better the response the better is will be value-wise for all SRT-10 owners.

I'm personally interested as I'll be selling a friend's SRT-10 for him when it shows up. Maybe. Maybe I'll buy it, or maybe he'll like it too much to find it a new home. It's not yet built, so we'll see.

I'll be watching these Ebay and other re-sale deals.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello George;

I see that you are going to help sell your friends SRT; that of course is his right (right or wrong).

Maybe you could help folks here on this site who could not get one by trying hard to sell it HERE, to a true fellow Viper fan. It makes me sick to see it go to someone who hasn't "paid the dues" that the rest of had to pay to be in this fortunate position.

This is not criticism George! I just think that a member here might pay the "expected" premium in order to enjoy the SRT. Better yet, offer it here at the same great prices we have all been given by our dealers and REALLY make someone happy!

Or, the ultimate; tell the dealer your friend doesn't want the SRT and let it go to the next deserving person who is on wait-list.

Capitalism is a great thing, but a Viper has a lot of emotion attached to it. I hope it goes to someone who TRULY appreciates what we have been dreaming of, researching, qualified for, speculated about, and discussed for over a year and a half. To me, it's kind of like giving a Stradivarious to a kid who doesn't eat, sleep, dream music. It happens, and that is unfortunately a fact of life.

Just my thoughts, I am sure the customer will enjoy it regardless. It just makes me sad he doesn't want it.

Jim

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - I agree with you. I'm just monitoring the Ebay site to see what the interest level is in SRTs. VCA members & Viper enthusiasts in general should get first crack should it go up for sale. I guess I get first shot at it, but it'll be a tough decision, since it doesn't have that 528 CID supercharged Hemi it needs ;-)

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am the person with the listing on E-Bay. First of all, it is not sold until the reserve is met. Second, I was present when the reliable guys unloaded my SRT, and I was very excited, and hope to keep the car. However, as my auction states one of my Vipers must go. I had my RT/10 sold to a Vette guy, but the deal fell through as he totaled his vette. So, if you want the SRT to stay in the VCA family, help me find a buyer for the RT/10.

My goal is not to steal profits from my dealer. In fact, my dealer and I were working together to get my RT sold. We started the process back in August. As we all know, the RT/10 market is soft.

I am fairly active my local VCA, I just don't post that often. We shall see how the auction pans out. I hope to sell my RT and then keep the SRT. If the RT does not sell, and the HIGH reserve on the SRT is not met, I will try to work a swap with a fellow VCAer that does not yet have a VIN (they take this car, this gives me more time to work on the RT).

If anyone has any questions, please send me a private message, and I will respond. Let's face it, people will flip cars, you can ask guys from the IL VCA, I am passionate about cars, and want this car. The dealer and my VCA friends can verify this. My policy is if I can't buy it ouitright, don't buy it. I apoligize that a 26 year old (The SRT will be my third Viper) can't afford to keep both Cars. I have had a Viper for 5 years, and plan to always have one. I am not looking for pitty, or a quick buck. Why don't we sit back and see what the SRTs are really worth.

Happy Holidays.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farrbar,

You have no need to justify your actions. It is your car and your money, you do as you please. No explanation or justification necessary.

My .02

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe in Capitalism, It's just sad that one of the very first SRTs is being "flipped" so soon.
I'm sure some that have not been assigned a VIN yet would gladly change positions to "give you more time to sell your RT/10" and allow you their SRT when it comes in.

2Charmed

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
George;

Thanks for an honest post!

I can tell you that many of us here have supported the SRT and asked every question we could. I personally have an emotional attatchement to Vipers for health reasons. The Viper is not a CAR, it is my "Escape Pod" from more pressing issues.

You know, the Viper is a very special machine! I drive it, I polish it, and I know that it represents fun and freedom from the worries of the world. I look forward to my Silver SRT and the distraction and relief it brings me. I also know that I feel sick every time I hear of a person walking by a big dealer who has lots of them for sale. Getting a Viper has always entailed dreaming and waiting which is a whole lot more emotional than writing a check!

I am happy to see that you will try to help a Viper fan buy it before the general public. It seems to me that special things should not come too easily. Thanks for thinking of us!

Jim

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The temptation to "flip" will be with the first ones.

The $125k BMW Z8 did $200k for about 1-2 weeks and then that was it.

The first Z06's did rather well and you couldn't buy one at sticker for a good while. Of course, some dealers only wanted $2k over sticker.... but much more in CA.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I estimate that the cars will do low-mid 90s in the Spring on the re-sale market. I may be wrong...if we're at war in Iraq, who knows?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth